Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:53 AM

14 posts, read 64,540 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Tampa area and have likely narrowed it down to Apollo Beach/Riverview area...open to others. Basically looking for safety, easy access to public beach on the Gulf. Looking to buy a home $160,000-$180,000. Also, looking for a nice hospital to work, ICU, RN. I heard Tampa General was nice for trauma/ICU. How long might it take in travel from these areas to downtown Tampa hospitals? Any outlying area hospitals with excellent reputations? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Peace,
Christy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 06:22 AM

265 posts, read 974,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyshai View Post
I am moving to the Tampa area and have likely narrowed it down to Apollo Beach/Riverview area...open to others. Basically looking for safety, easy access to public beach on the Gulf. Looking to buy a home $160,000-$180,000. Also, looking for a nice hospital to work, ICU, RN. I heard Tampa General was nice for trauma/ICU. How long might it take in travel from these areas to downtown Tampa hospitals? Any outlying area hospitals with excellent reputations? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Peace,
Christy
I live in Apollo and work at TGH. Its about a 35-40 min trip most mornings to get to work. TGH is a pretty good place, and with your credentials you should find work pretty easily. Apollo Beach is nice, its growth has been stymied a bit by the sluggish economy but there is to be a new hospital and large mall built by the fall of 2010 according to plans. This might really invigorate the area. I will say that the crime rate is much higher than I expected in the area. My neighborhood has had a rash of break-ins, burglaries, robberies, and vandalism. Even the exclusive gated community across the Hwy. has had the same problems. Riverview cant be much better for crime, but certainly would be closer to drive to Tampa. Its a buyers market, you should be able to find a modest home in your price range.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:05 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,384 times
I have had zero crime issues in Apollo Beach. Sounds like its people that live in your neighborhood.

You could look into Brandon Regional, or even South Bay Regional in Sun City Center..

Either way, 180K will go far in Apollo Beach right now. Homes in my community start at 160 stripped.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
I understand South Bay is closing. Its a small community hospital in Sun City Center. Very nice, comfortable community there. I read that South Bay will close when the new hospital near Big Bend Road opens. Sarasota and Bradenton have some nice hospitals too. Manatee Memorial, I think isn't difficult to access. May be same traveling distance from Riverview, but only south - probably against rush hour traffic.

http://www.manateememorial.com/index.php?

Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I understand South Bay is closing. Its a small community hospital in Sun City Center. Very nice, comfortable community there. I read that South Bay will close when the new hospital near Big Bend Road opens. Sarasota and Bradenton have some nice hospitals too. Manatee Memorial, I think isn't difficult to access. May be same traveling distance from Riverview, but only south - probably against rush hour traffic.

http://www.manateememorial.com/index.php?
Manatee is only about 15-20 minutes from where I live.. and you are right, against traffic both times of the day. Not a bad suggestion.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:34 AM

OP may consider Palmetto, Parrish, Ruskin, in addition to Apollo Beach. Bradenton Beaches are nice, otherwise you'll be looking at driving to Clearwater. St Pete is just over the Sunshine Skyway, where there are also hospitals. VA too.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:28 PM

71 posts, read 282,974 times
mybabyshai

I am also planning on moving to Tampa area preferably 15-20 to the Gulf for boating . I would also like to live in the suburbs close to good hospitals to work as an RN. Loaking for home up to $170,000

Old 05-12-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen1 View Post
mybabyshai

I am also planning on moving to Tampa area preferably 15-20 to the Gulf for boating . I would also like to live in the suburbs close to good hospitals to work as an RN. Loaking for home up to $170,000
For boaters - would recommend Ruskin, Apollo Beach area - commute either south to Bradenton, Sarasota - or travel to ST Pete, or north to Brandon, Tampa-

Ruskin has a few communities near Lil Harbor/Bahia Beach Marina - great for boating on Tampa bay.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:52 PM

thank you very much for your information

Old 05-12-2008, 11:02 PM

when are you moving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay