Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 05:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,106 times

Advertisements

I have multiple professional-level certifications/licenses in Cisco/Cloud & years of experience. I am currently in the far remote edges of northern Upstate New York near Canada, in a small town of a few hundred people, and I'm looking to exit.

My reason for wanting to exit is because it is impossible for any single man who graduated college/school in the Adirondacks to ever be in a relationship, regardless of his verbal skills & talent. A situation like this will destroy the prospects of children & family & sex & any kind of a personal life for any men. Men are inferior second class citizens here, and women/girls have far more unprecedented POWER & call the shots in these remote places. In the Adirondacks, men only have the weekend nights to meet people (2 out of 7), and women have every day (7 out of 7), pretty much anytime they want. Online Dating doesn't count, and it's not the same as real-life normal non-cowardly communication. Girls are 10000x more interested when it's in person and not by text/online.

I've had stints/vacations & contracts in New York City and other cities, and in those times there were days I've approached 40 to 100 girls/women in a day, to amazing results. I have done exceedingly well with girls when there were these crowds. On the flip side, in the Adirondacks after college, I have gone years without talking to ONE girl (after graduation), involuntarily, by the simple fact that there's no one out, despite being very much able to on many days, so many weeks/years were wasted. This means that you just get older & creepier by the time you're in a city of lots of people.

Florida is a state I've wanted to be in from the beginning of my life, and I visited there in my younger years. I love LOTS about Florida. I love Publix, I love Wawa, I thrive in hot & warm weather and WANT it all the time.

I am torn between going to New York City, or Florida, or both sequentially.

New York City & Florida ALL have their pros & cons which seem very different.

New York City may have far more people roaming around, BUT the rent is heavily expensive & the winters suck. Those are the only NYC downsides, and one I'm willing to take.

Florida is better in every single way, except for the crowds compared to New York City, and NYC might be safer. If there was a Times Square in Florida in the course of my commute & near the residence, moving to Florida would be a no-brainer.

The aspect of crowd size ultimately skews the balance for me.

I said this before, but I know the crowds will be much lesser in Florida than they would be in New York City, that's a given.

The question is HOW MUCH LOWER are the crowds in amount and is it SO MUCH LOWER that override Florida's benefits over NYC.

If I'm working in the downtown areas in each of these respective cities (exclusing Disney World), where could I go that has a vast amount of people, that's the closest in resembling Times Square?

Is Miami Beach the only crowded spot in Miami, and is downtown Miami/Brickell a relative ghost town compared to London & Philly & NYC? Is Sparkman's Wharf the most crowded spot in Tampa? I know Disney World is crowded which is good, but how does DOWNTOWN Orlando compare percentage-wise?

As a single working person, I am interested in DAYTIME/evening things, and not into nightlife where I start getting sleepy & tired & constrained.

Are the beach areas the better bet if Downtown is emptier? Are the downtown streets much emptier's than London/Philly/NYC?

I'm interested in knowing before proceeding.

Thank you!

Last edited by Grain077; 01-31-2021 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 04:30 AM

156 posts, read 174,008 times
There is no where in Miami, Tampa or Orlando that even comes close to the vibe and scale of people found in Times Square. As a matter of fact, no where in the entire US is there anything that remotely resembles Times Square in any form or fashion...

The only area in all of north America that resembles Times Square is Younge-Dundas square in Toronto.

Last edited by kingsdl76; 02-01-2021 at 04:58 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 06:30 AM

9,115 posts, read 6,160,628 times
Stay where you are. Florida isn't for you.

Old 02-01-2021, 12:31 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,014 times
Nothing compares to NYC. Not even Paris or London.

Old 02-01-2021, 04:19 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,735 times
The area in FL with the most people, the most jobs, and most expensive costs, is the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.

If you're coming from upstate NY in February and you like daytime stuff, don't forget the suntan lotion!

Old 02-01-2021, 04:48 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Pick/stay in NYC - you won't like it here.

Old 02-02-2021, 06:51 PM

491 posts, read 471,774 times
Are you interested in dense crowds or picking up random chicks? These arent mutually exclusive. A single guy with a job wouldnt have a hard time meeting women in Tampa.

Old 02-03-2021, 10:40 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,663,312 times
I'd say the area near Lincoln Road at it's southern end and certain stretches of Ocean Drive come closest, along with Disney Springs or CityWalk among areas open to public, but as others have stated, not even close, even Yonge Dundas though it looks similar wouldn't quite match it.

Avenida Madero in CDMX is the only place in North America that matches Times Square in terms of crowds, sensory feel, vibrancy etc, though minus the neon/billboards lol.

As to your other questions, hard to say until you experience it down here to say whether it would actually be different.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:01 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,412,451 times
Times Square is gross. I grew up in Tampa, now live in NYC. Florida is not for you, but neither is Times Square. What you should really be asking is if there's anywhere in Florida that matches the vibrancy of Manhattan? And that answer is no.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:29 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,369,688 times
I'll pile on here as well.

Florida is NOT for you, buddy.

To add to all of the previous comments, your Cisco certs are worth maybe 50%-75% of their market value here versus what they would command in a major east coast metropolitan area.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay