Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 02:33 PM
TD* TD* started this thread

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times

Advertisements

Mature trees, lots of trees. No HOA’s, 3/2 bath preferred. School districts don’t matter. Is it possible to get a house that is similar in look and feel to south Tampa, without it being in south Tampa? That’s what I like, that area.

I cannot afford to live in south Tampa.

Maybe somewhere a bit further away from the city center, but no more than 20 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 04:17 PM

9,131 posts, read 6,185,387 times
you're underpriced for "nice" Pinellas County.

Old 02-17-2021, 04:47 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
you're underpriced for "nice" Pinellas County.
Yeah I don’t think the OP will have luck anywhere that meets his qualifications in Pinellas.

The OP might find something he likes in Seminole Heights or Tampa Heights. Tampa Heights is more up and coming. Both are historic neighborhoods that have a lot of more recent development in terms of interesting local restaurants. Near the south end of Tampa Heights, you have easy access to the Riverwalk. I think in both locations, if you find a 3/2, it is likely to be smaller without a garage, but it is not impossible.

The OP just needs to be a little more open minded. I don’t live in Tampa now, but I live one block from a road about as thrilling as Nebraska. It is starting to have some more positive development. I heard of this area before I moved here and that it was nice, and I just couldn’t see the appeal after going down that road. I drove through it some more once I was here longer and realized that the rest of the area is really nice.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:44 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
Mature trees, lots of trees. No HOA’s, 3/2 bath preferred. School districts don’t matter. Is it possible to get a house that is similar in look and feel to south Tampa, without it being in south Tampa? That’s what I like, that area.

I cannot afford to live in south Tampa.

Maybe somewhere a bit further away from the city center, but no more than 20 minutes.
Short answer: No. Not going to happen in this market. Especially not within 20 minutes of downtown.

Move along...

RM

Old 02-17-2021, 07:24 PM

57 posts, read 61,689 times
Try Carrollwood. It is not S Tampa but it is a mature community.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:18 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times
Your requirements are unrealistic I'm afraid. Sure, everyone wants a nice cheap house close to downtown. You won't find one. You might find an older home that needs tons of work within your budget, and it won't be in a nice area.

You'll need to expand you budget or be willing to double - or more - the driving time.

That's just the reality of Tampa.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:56 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,194 times
$300-350 not going to happen in the city limits for what you are requesting. If you want to be near downtown you going to have to tend with areas that are in the process of being gentrified.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:49 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,852 times
What about gentrifying neighborhoods south of downtown St Pete? Those might come close to what OP wants.

Old 03-18-2021, 01:23 PM

63 posts, read 52,567 times
You will have a very hard time meeting your requirements. A lot of the "nicer looking" neighborhoods with the trees etc are also HOA (hence, one of the reasons they look "nice"). I know no HOA was on your list. I think you may have to re-evaluate what is the most important.

Old 03-18-2021, 01:30 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl2019 View Post
You will have a very hard time meeting your requirements. A lot of the "nicer looking" neighborhoods with the trees etc are also HOA (hence, one of the reasons they look "nice"). I know no HOA was on your list. I think you may have to re-evaluate what is the most important.
Good catch, I missed that.

No HOA? Not going to happen unless you move into an older area.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay