Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2022, 01:38 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,377,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Spent the weekend in Tampa (Hyde Park area).

I don't get it, traffic was brutal despite nothing going on (no football, no events) but the Yankees were playing spring training games. Driving out Monday I4 was a parking lot coming into Tampa. The roads are terrible, the lights were timed worse. I've been going to Tampa/St Pete for 25 years and it underwhelms me every time I go back.
I-4 westbound into the "spaghetti bowl" is always bad, and eastbound I-275 from Westshore to the "spaghetti bowl" is equally congested.

Hyde Park is highly overrated. I was down there Sunday and the essence of gracious living was smothering. I've never understood the attraction. Especially since most of it will be under water during the next major storm.

-D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 04:49 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Spent the weekend in Tampa (Hyde Park area).

I don't get it, traffic was brutal despite nothing going on (no football, no events) but the Yankees were playing spring training games. Driving out Monday I4 was a parking lot coming into Tampa. The roads are terrible, the lights were timed worse. I've been going to Tampa/St Pete for 25 years and it underwhelms me every time I go back.
Been bad since the 1960's brad. I remember clogged traffic getting out of Danashores in the early 70's.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:50 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenhouseZ View Post
That's insane! I think many newcomers underestimate the problems with homeowner and flood insurance in FL. I guess it's 'buy now and worry about it later.' Not sure how all this will end up.
Down the drain jane soon.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:32 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I dunno, but a hell of a lot of people find Tampa very attractive, when they are willing to pay $755,000 for this shack on a very busy street that routinely FLOODS. More than $1,000 per square foot for this shotgun shack!

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...9_M62733-04289

The shacks on quiet streets are selling for more than a million. The new homes are selling for more than $3 million, and at a frenetic pace. I don't think builders can build enough $3, 4, or 5 million dollar houses for the amount of demand right now in Tampa. Even $10-20 million dollar home sales are quite common in "underwhelming" Tampa!
Date Event Price Price/Sq Ft Source
02/16/2022 Sold $755,000 $1,072.44 Public Record
01/08/2021 Sold $410,000 $582.39

Nice flip on the submarine house!

Old 03-23-2022, 08:09 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I dunno, but a hell of a lot of people find Tampa very attractive, when they are willing to pay $755,000 for this shack on a very busy street that routinely FLOODS. More than $1,000 per square foot for this shotgun shack!

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...9_M62733-04289

The shacks on quiet streets are selling for more than a million. The new homes are selling for more than $3 million, and at a frenetic pace. I don't think builders can build enough $3, 4, or 5 million dollar houses for the amount of demand right now in Tampa. Even $10-20 million dollar home sales are quite common in "underwhelming" Tampa!
IF I could afford a 10 million dollar house why the hell would I want to live in Tampa? I'd live in Venice or Naples. Even one million I'd live in Sarasota or Venice. Why would you spend 700k on a dump like that just to be close to the Bay?

I live in Punta Gorda and 700k here in Charlotte County would get you TONS better than that.

Old 03-23-2022, 11:08 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
IF I could afford a 10 million dollar house why the hell would I want to live in Tampa? I'd live in Venice or Naples. Even one million I'd live in Sarasota or Venice. Why would you spend 700k on a dump like that just to be close to the Bay?

I live in Punta Gorda and 700k here in Charlotte County would get you TONS better than that.
Because some people enjoy civilization. For them, places like Charlotte County aren't even on their radar.

Old 03-23-2022, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Because some people enjoy civilization. For them, places like Charlotte County aren't even on their radar.
That's a myth. It's very crowded here right now in SWFL. This isn't somewhere like Sebring or something.

Heck 775k will get a very nice house in Sarasota with a pool right now.
I'd be embarrassed living in this crackerbox.

You'd be the laughing stock of your friends and family if they found out you spend over half a million on a tiny 1 bed one bath like this.

Only thing I can think of is the land value of the lot, not the house.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:00 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
That's a myth. It's very crowded here right now in SWFL. This isn't somewhere like Sebring or something.
No, it isn't a myth. Many people enjoy a metropolitan lifestyle, and don't wish to be surrounded by a bunch of Trumpers.

Quote:
Heck 775k will get a very nice house in Sarasota with a pool right now.
I'd be embarrassed living in this crackerbox.
You mentioned Charlotte County, not Sarasota. Totally different planets for someone looking at Tampa, where Sarasota could be a possibility - but not Charlotte County.

Quote:
You'd be the laughing stock of your friends and family if they found out you spend over half a million on a tiny 1 bed one bath like this.

Only thing I can think of is the land value of the lot, not the house.
It's a teardown.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:20 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
[quote=JMatl;63139109]No, it isn't a myth. Many people enjoy a metropolitan lifestyle, and don't wish to be surrounded by a bunch of Trumpers.

You mentioned Charlotte County, not Sarasota. Totally different planets for someone looking at Tampa, where Sarasota could be a possibility - but not Charlotte County.

It's a teardown.[/QUOTE

Agreed. Charlotte County = another planet when talking about Tampa; even compared to Sarasota. And yes, plenty of people enjoy a more metropolitan lifestyle, or they have careers where they need to be close to a good airport or business centers.

And that house is a teardown but wow, some people really got to have the bucks to pay that just for that lot!

Old 03-24-2022, 09:19 AM

[quote=gypsychic;63140407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
No, it isn't a myth. Many people enjoy a metropolitan lifestyle, and don't wish to be surrounded by a bunch of Trumpers.

It's a teardown.[/QUOTE

Agreed. Charlotte County = another planet when talking about Tampa; even compared to Sarasota. And yes, plenty of people enjoy a more metropolitan lifestyle, or they have careers where they need to be close to a good airport or business centers.

And that house is a teardown but wow, some people really got to have the bucks to pay that just for that lot!
Sarasota and Charlotte county are one and two for oldest median age in florida. Depends on what area of the county. The southern half of sarasota county not much different. Cant tell the difference when crossing into North Port. Venice you notice it more cause it's becoming like Naples.

I find Bradenton down to Naples kinda boring due to the age population however the traffic and layout of tampa metro is god awful. Want nothing to do with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay