Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 03:06 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,497,108 times

Advertisements

Most people ask for the best suburb to raise a family, but that era is winding down for me so I'm looking for a place with a lot of action. Not necessarily a club scene, but a lot of live music bars/venues would be cool. Something happening most days of the week. Anything fit the bill in the Tampa area or is there another city I should be looking at?

oh, and a curve ball, not into condo/apartment living and need a yard big enough for my canine companions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 03:27 PM

2,353 posts, read 2,312,173 times
What’s your budget like?

Downtown St. Pete is the busiest place in the area and it’s possible to get a single family home there, though there aren’t many.

Other options would be Tampa Heights near Armature or Hyde Park near South Howard.

Old 09-16-2021, 03:42 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,094,461 times
South Tampa, Tampa Heights, and Seminole Heights the only places with yards and near the action. Hillsborough side.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:24 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,027,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
South Tampa, Tampa Heights, and Seminole Heights the only places with yards and near the action. Hillsborough side.
St Pete has some as well if familiar with Old Northeast, Kenwood, Historic Uptown, Crescent Lake, Roser Park and Old Southeast. All of them have yards and are largely walkable/bikeable to restaurants, bars and shops either in Downtown or the Grand Central District.

Old 09-17-2021, 05:21 AM

25,859 posts, read 12,890,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
St Pete has some as well if familiar with Old Northeast, Kenwood, Historic Uptown, Crescent Lake, Roser Park and Old Southeast. All of them have yards and are largely walkable/bikeable to restaurants, bars and shops either in Downtown or the Grand Central District.
I think the areas just South of Downtown St. Pete are worth looking in to. Old Northeast is pricey, & someday the near South side could appreciate more due to proximity Downtown. I'm not sure what the flood zone designation are down there, but if its high & dry, I'd start on the South side.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:26 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,497,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
What’s your budget like?

Downtown St. Pete is the busiest place in the area and it’s possible to get a single family home there, though there aren’t many.

Other options would be Tampa Heights near Armature or Hyde Park near South Howard.
Up to $750K, took a quick look on zillow and there seem to be some places that would work, which is encouraging. I'll take a closer look this weekend at all the suggestions in the thread. Thanks!

Old 09-17-2021, 09:23 AM

2,353 posts, read 2,312,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Up to $750K, took a quick look on zillow and there seem to be some places that would work, which is encouraging. I'll take a closer look this weekend at all the suggestions in the thread. Thanks!
I think Kenwood may be your best option for that budget. It’s close to the action on Central Ave and the homes there will probably go for 500-600k on average.

The Old Northeast has homes in that price range, but there aren’t many so it’s really a question of whether anything is for sale at the time… There are also some (not many) single family homes in downtown St. Pete itself. Most are around 3rd Ave S and 8th St or 4th Ave N and approximately 12th St.

If it were me, I’d aim for the Old Northeast, downtown, and Kenwood in that order. Odds are Kenwood is where you’ll end up, but you could luck out in the Old Northeast if the right house comes on the market at the right time.

Back in Hillsborough County, I don’t think $750k will be enough for Hyde Park around South Howard so I retract that suggestion. You could get a good spot in Tampa Heights for that price if you wanted.

I saw Seminole Hights suggested, and it would fit your budget, but there’s not as much action there as St. Pete or Tampa Heights so I wouldn’t suggest it personally.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:36 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,027,279 times
Don't sleep on Roser Park or Historic Uptown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBvYRCncRYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VloaVy02w8c&t=211s

Old 09-18-2021, 08:47 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,023,193 times
$750k. LOL. I needa get me a job where these people work.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:07 AM

238 posts, read 209,979 times
I live in zip code area 33704 close to Old Northeast. Hot area. Very sought after. Beautiful Crisp Park in this area with boat docks and new businesses in Northeast Shopping Center. So many houses here have been ripped down and the McMansions built that there are not many choices. I have seen beautiful block homes ripped down. What a shame. You can get a smaller house here with a big yard here still for around $350 and up but the house will need work. Downtown St Pete is awesome. Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay