Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2021, 05:59 PM

137 posts, read 197,532 times

Advertisements

Do you have a pool heater?

How much does it help? Like what’s the temp with and without it?

Considering getting an electric or solar one (no gas where I’m at)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2021, 09:17 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,398,574 times
About 30 years ago a friend bought some black plastic tubing and made a solar collector to warm his pool. He plumbed it into the line for the filter and it worked well. It was probably much cheaper than anything store bought.

Old 12-30-2021, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
About 30 years ago a friend bought some black plastic tubing and made a solar collector to warm his pool. He plumbed it into the line for the filter and it worked well. It was probably much cheaper than anything store bought.
Great idea, but I’m not sure the HOA would allow that.

Old 12-30-2021, 04:20 AM

200 posts, read 157,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDaCodet View Post
What city/area/county is your house? also how large is your pool??

Old 12-30-2021, 04:27 AM

Quote:

Is the house and pool already built? what's the orientation to winter sun for example? exactly what stage is the house in??

Old 12-30-2021, 09:47 AM

300sq ft
Wesley Chapel
They are just starting on the foundation for the house.
The pool is on the east side.

Old 12-30-2021, 04:30 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times
Quote:

I had one but used my solar panels and never used the heater. I know of some friends who paid $ 500 additional in electric bills when they used the pool heater in the winter.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:20 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,182,880 times
We never use our solar panel heater in the summer, because the water is warm enough just from being in the sun. In the winter, the panels warm it up a bit, but not warm enough for me (my wife seems ok with it, sometimes). We have a neighbor who just uses a wetsuit in the winter.

Old 12-31-2021, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
We never use our solar panel heater in the summer, because the water is warm enough just from being in the sun. In the winter, the panels warm it up a bit, but not warm enough for me (my wife seems ok with it, sometimes). We have a neighbor who just uses a wetsuit in the winter.
Good idea, the wet suit.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I'm concerned, well, and a bit befuddled.

You stated in this thread you are already building (meaning you already purchased) a house in Wesley Chapel, right? You said the builder has already built the foundation, right?

That means you already signed a contract (it's not a spec house)....if you signed a valid contract, you legally had to be provided complete copies of The Declaration, and the rules and regulations.

Did you actually read The Declaration and The Rules and Regulations? Now, After the Fact, you don't know whether these kinds of heating devices, amendments, construction, use etc are ALLOWED?? Now you say it's a "Great Idea"?? How come you didn't determine your allowable options well before?

And you already have your house in the foundation phase?? lol

Something doesn't add up!

You bought a house without first getting these simple questions answered and approved??....simple questions about a pool heater??

Beyond strange ! Amazing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: