Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 05:07 PM

405 posts, read 394,088 times

Advertisements

South Tampa (only until Gandy) Courier city, westshore (hit and miss), Carrolwood (western and northern part), Egypt Lake (hit and miss), Seminole heights (very hit and miss), Westchase, Citrus Park, TNC (hit and miss). Housing supply is stretched thin because such a large swathe of the city and region is undesirable. Probably missing a few but it’s generally the same theme all around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 07:01 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Tampa the city? Or…

Because Westchase isn’t in Tampa last I checked.

If you’re talking about the city of Tampa, only, then sure, great neighborhoods are few and far in between, and that’s a reoccurring theme for all Florida major cities.
If you’re talking about the metro area, there are tons of GREAT neighborhoods, including some of the most desirable in the state.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:40 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,276,900 times
I see what you mean. The bad areas seem like a disproportionately large part of town compared to other Florida cities… For what it’s worth, areas north of Kennedy, Port Tampa, Tampa Heights, and Riverside Heights have all improved dramatically over the past decade. TNC has gotten worse unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Tampa the city? Or…

Because Westchase isn’t in Tampa last I checked.
Technically no, but Westchase still uses a Tampa address. I’m not sure why because it’s really not close to the city limits.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
I see what you mean. The bad areas seem like a disproportionately large part of town compared to other Florida cities… For what it’s worth, areas north of Kennedy, Port Tampa, Tampa Heights, and Riverside Heights have all improved dramatically over the past decade. TNC has gotten worse unfortunately.

Technically no, but Westchase still uses a Tampa address. I’m not sure why because it’s really not close to the city limits.
Yeah that IS weird... I never considered the Lowe's off of Racetrack Rd to be "Tampa," but I see it now, doing a streeview on Googlemaps...

Old 01-04-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Yeah that IS weird... I never considered the Lowe's off of Racetrack Rd to be "Tampa," but I see it now, doing a streeview on Googlemaps...
I think maybe westchase is unincorporated Hillsborough? I know in Orange county unincorporated areas just put Orlando as their address

Old 01-05-2022, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozener View Post
I think maybe westchase is unincorporated Hillsborough? I know in Orange county unincorporated areas just put Orlando as their address
Well, I’m in East Lake, and my address says Palm Harbor, so that is quite common.
I am just surprised about Westchase, since it seems so close to me, yet when I think “Tampa,” I am thinking a fairly lengthy drive down Hillsborough into town.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:55 AM

57 posts, read 61,600 times
That’s essentially all of Florida. Tampa has a better mix of nice areas with a diversity of home styles than other areas within Florida. To me a so called nice subdivision that is cookie cutter is ugly. Same bland stucco homes lined up next to each other with with small trees with a strip mall down the street is an eye sore. This is typical of Florida.

Living in the NE you don’t have this drastic change in neighborhoods.

Old 01-05-2022, 10:03 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,367,852 times
Pay close attention to how the City spread out to only include areas like “New Tampa” and avoided older areas around it. Clearly a grab for property taxes, if you ask me.

RM

Old 01-06-2022, 07:50 PM

So many neighborhoods with homes with security bars on the windows

Old 01-07-2022, 07:32 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
This is just the reality of Florida versus the advertised version of Florida. It's the same across the entire state.

Florida has relatively unstable neighborhoods because of the large number of transplants that come here. Within 10 years a neighborhood will go from a new wonderful subdivision to almost rundown looking with only a few of the original purchasers still left. Only a few places stay consistently "good" mainly due to high cost or long time residents decide to stick around.

It is customary in Florida to build a new subdivision or entire town before rehabbing an established neighborhood. Again are just a few small neighborhoods within a given Florida city that are taken care of, the rest or abandoned and left to fester, including the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay