Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2022, 02:19 PM

621 posts, read 1,619,146 times

Advertisements

Hey guys and gals,
I am coming down in the next month or two. Flying into St.Pete/Clearwater (Allegiant) probably and driving to visit my mom for the weekend. She is in an assisted living. I plan on spending the night Saturday night in Tampa before i fly out the next morning. Was looking at staying somewhere on Rocky Point, either at Hampton Inn next to the Bahama Breeze or The Current Hotel next to Rusty Pelican. I was born and raised in Tampa, lived there 35 years, but moved away in 2008. Haven't been back in that area in awhile. Really looking for a place to just hang out and have a drink or two and eat. How is the smell along the causeway? I realize its hit or miss, but i seem to remember from years ago it could be pretty ripe at times. If wanted to sit outside would it potentially be enough to be bothersome? I know its all depended on each persons smell...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 02:30 PM

112 posts, read 136,229 times
It is still hit or miss, but overall a miss this time of year through early may when it starts to get warmer. Honestly, if you are just looking for an area to hang out for dinner and a drink, you may try the Hampton Inn or other properties by TIA in the Avion Park complex. There is also a Townplace Suites, Hyatt Place, Hilton Garden Inn, and Homewood Suites, with a World of Beer in the same complex. Prices are decent and the area is nice, World of Beer is fun, or you could go across the street to International Mall where there are a bunch of restaurants and bars.

Old 02-02-2022, 03:10 PM

621 posts, read 1,619,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castlechurch View Post
It is still hit or miss, but overall a miss this time of year through early may when it starts to get warmer. Honestly, if you are just looking for an area to hang out for dinner and a drink, you may try the Hampton Inn or other properties by TIA in the Avion Park complex. There is also a Townplace Suites, Hyatt Place, Hilton Garden Inn, and Homewood Suites, with a World of Beer in the same complex. Prices are decent and the area is nice, World of Beer is fun, or you could go across the street to International Mall where there are a bunch of restaurants and bars.
Thanks for the tips. I went to International Mall a couple of times when i was still living in town, but i never ventured up to that area much. I seem to always forget it was there. Guess i am just missing water views. But, i'm not set on Rocky Point area...just trying to get somewhat close to the PIE.

Old 02-02-2022, 03:24 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,332,967 times
I haven’t noticed any issues there recently, but I was further west on 60. The Westin is a pretty good option for Rocky Point, they’ve got good views.

Old 02-02-2022, 09:57 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,821,212 times
We were at Bahama Breeze in that area few times within last few weeks and didn't notice any issues with smell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay