Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 12:09 PM

5,984 posts, read 7,456,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
this forum doesn't give second chances lol
I struggle with the lack of option to edit my posts too, mostly for typos as many people are being offended by my improper English lol
As an FYI, there is a short period of time after the post is up that you have to edit. Once the clock runs out on that, only a mod can delete the post.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 01:49 PM

314 posts, read 180,886 times
There is mainstream and then there is side-stream. When did these streams separate? Why? .

Side-stream people generally do not trust the US government, science or the opinion of the rest of the world and would prefer a one party system to control it all. People need to stop worrying about which party wins an election. The concern should be which party has the best interest in the Constitution and the laws that operate under it. Those who are not happy with the 245 year old system here, there are 194 other countries to look at. Four people died on 1/6: all Trump supporters.

If an attack on the US Capitol, while Congress is in the process of doing its constitutional duties, is not an insurrection by US citizens to overthrow an established government, what is it?

Alternative opinions are fine, no alternative facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre D View Post
Welcome to left wing censorship and anything that could hurt the Democrats' chances of winning in November. Other than the Wall Street Journal, try to find any main stream media that doesn't treat Jan 6th as a "deadly insurrection" comparable to the US Civil War without debate. "Deadly" in that the only person who died was an unarmed Trump supporter. When Pelosi and company called it an "insurrection", this was immediately picked up and carried by the main stream (left) media until today. While it was an awful event and perpetrators should be punished according to the law, it was heavily politicized from the start when the investigative committee was hand picked by Pelosi and Schumer. Facts aside, why would anyone trust this committee's findings? No allowance for open, honest and balanced debate. Whether debating the efficacy of children wearing masks or people gaining natural immunity against Covid, there is no open debate allowed or offered by main stream media. They carry water for the CDC and FDA without questions. No wonder people flock to Joe Rogan and Russell Brand to get alternative opinions, no matter how crazy they may seem.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:21 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,836,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingxiapao View Post
i see lot of post that seem to wish higher price on house and apartment - makes no sense to brag about high price

crazy to buy now too too high - make no good sense to me , this not california
is it better to rent and pay $2800-3000 per month now?

Old 06-12-2022, 06:59 PM

43 posts, read 76,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reasonablevoice View Post
Hey do me a favor and move to Fish Hawk. Your Ivy League education isn’t doing you any good.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I am not sure what this poster means by movie to Fishhawk? What's wrong with Fishhawk?

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2022, 07:12 PM

43 posts, read 76,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Okay I seen several people request for the moderators to remove the rent hike post complaints, not just once in Tampa reddit. The Facebook one is for the Seminole Heights and the main moderator owns like 10 properties in the area so he silences and removes posts quickly. I can kind of understand, because there is a big love hate relationship in the area. Gentrification in your face in the Heights.

I'm sure you know the definition of Gentrification but wanted to post the 2 I pulled up.

"the process whereby the character of a poor urban area is changed by wealthier people moving in, improving housing, and attracting new businesses, typically displacing current inhabitants in the process".

"the process of making someone or something more refined, polite, or respectable".

If there are neighborhoods that are "improving housing, attracting new businesses, making a place more refined , polite and respectable..... Why is this bad? Is is really bad to make a poor neighborhood a better place to live?

Wouldn't it be phenominal to own a house in this neighborhood? Isn't it worse to just leave it like crap?
The people in the neighborhood who owns houses, DONT have to sell, they can stay and reap the benefits of an upcoming neighborhood. The people who rent, Yes, it might suck that their rent could be raised and and force them into a smaller place or a different area but for most all people, I would think this is a good thing.

I think what some tend to forget is owning buildings and renting them out is a business. ****, there are a lot of places in the world I cant afford to live. Such is life!

Old 06-12-2022, 07:19 PM

5,984 posts, read 7,456,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning22 View Post
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I am not sure what this poster means by movie to Fishhawk? What's wrong with Fishhawk?

Thanks!
Nothing. They were trying to make a political reference using demographics, of which they were waaaay off target.

Don’t feed the trolls.

RM

Old 06-13-2022, 06:16 AM

124 posts, read 125,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Nothing. They were trying to make a political reference using demographics, of which they were waaaay off target.

Don’t feed the trolls.

RM
No troll here. The Fish Hawk reference is from another thread of the same poster. It is a community which is geographically furthest from me in Hillsborough. I previously had suggested the OP consider my neighborhood for relocation. After his political post, I asked him to kindly choose a different neighborhood.

Is that moooor on target for you?

Old 06-13-2022, 11:31 AM

1,287 posts, read 1,105,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning22 View Post
I'm sure you know the definition of Gentrification but wanted to post the 2 I pulled up.

"the process whereby the character of a poor urban area is changed by wealthier people moving in, improving housing, and attracting new businesses, typically displacing current inhabitants in the process".

"the process of making someone or something more refined, polite, or respectable".

If there are neighborhoods that are "improving housing, attracting new businesses, making a place more refined , polite and respectable..... Why is this bad? Is is really bad to make a poor neighborhood a better place to live?

Wouldn't it be phenominal to own a house in this neighborhood? Isn't it worse to just leave it like crap?
The people in the neighborhood who owns houses, DONT have to sell, they can stay and reap the benefits of an upcoming neighborhood. The people who rent, Yes, it might suck that their rent could be raised and and force them into a smaller place or a different area but for most all people, I would think this is a good thing.

I think what some tend to forget is owning buildings and renting them out is a business. ****, there are a lot of places in the world I cant afford to live. Such is life!
The gentrification comment was only part of the original post which Tampa and many cities don't know how to handle displaced population due to rise in cost of living.

Again, the main topic I was trying to stress is that posts are getting flagged or removed when negativity is being posted in reference to rent hikes and cost of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay