Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 11:00 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,599,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
I get it.

When I lived in Fort Lauderdale, there used to be a race track / drag strip that was out a little west, and the city eventually tore it down because some of the new town-homes that went up complained about the noise.

I think where I'm frustrated is what Morton said... that the city has been getting money for projects, and just like a typical Florida contractor... they take money from one project to complete a project that they're behind on... so it never gets done. I'm surprised the city / county is even allowing these neighborhoods to be built, knowing that they can't support it with infrastructure.

In south valrico is a road called Lithia Pinecrest. The Phosphate Mines in the south use it to run their trucks up to lumsden then over to the ports in tampa. Back in the 90's there was lots of open land along it so Builders built several upscale communities along it. As the communities filled up the home owners petitioned the county to make the trucks stop driving on "their" road and take the longer way to the port.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 11:38 AM

880 posts, read 570,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
In south valrico is a road called Lithia Pinecrest. The Phosphate Mines in the south use it to run their trucks up to lumsden then over to the ports in tampa. Back in the 90's there was lots of open land along it so Builders built several upscale communities along it. As the communities filled up the home owners petitioned the county to make the trucks stop driving on "their" road and take the longer way to the port.

Funny you mention that. I was driving up 27 the other day and came back to Fishhawk, and I saw this enormous behemoth. I only took one picture, but it's basically an enormous bucket-loader. I don't know what they're mining... I guess it's phosphate? It's about 10-15 minutes south / south west of Fishhawk.

It's totally awesome looking... the picture doesn't really do the size justice. The Port-O-Potty is quite a bit closer to me than the loader is, but I didn't want to trespass. It looks as if someone basically took a deep sea oil platform and dropped it in Central Florida...

Attached Thumbnails
RE/MAX finds Tampa housing prices kept soaring in August-img_4301.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay