Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 11:05 AM

880 posts, read 570,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Nope, other than the time it takes me to type these posts out. No calls, no emails, nada.

I'm not telling you anything, you're making assumptions, and we all know what that means.

There's nothing "dishonest" about the choice of locations. As I stated more than once, it's based solely on the logistical challenges that are dealt with in order to have a safe and accurate election, nothing more. You're seeing monsters under your bed, and they simply aren't there.

I would add that your efforts will result in a whole lot of nothing as far as changes. That I am sure of.

RM

I was out for a couple of days. The county's legal council responded saying that it complied with the minimum requirements of section 101.657 of the Florida statute.

The state's response was that it did not meet the "intent," so that this would have to be rectified in the next election.

I don't know what that means, but I think it's a semi-win? I already voted anyway... but I dislike the intentional political aspect of the placement of the early-voting locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2022, 05:16 PM

5,983 posts, read 7,434,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
I was out for a couple of days. The county's legal council responded saying that it complied with the minimum requirements of section 101.657 of the Florida statute.

The state's response was that it did not meet the "intent," so that this would have to be rectified in the next election.

I don't know what that means, but I think it's a semi-win? I already voted anyway... but I dislike the intentional political aspect of the placement of the early-voting locations.
This was pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
In order for a branch office to be used for early voting, it shall be a permanent facility of the supervisor and shall have been designated and used as such for at least 1 year prior to the election. The supervisor may also designate any city hall, permanent public library facility, fairground, civic center, courthouse, county commission building, stadium, convention center, government-owned senior center, or government-owned community center as an early voting site; however, if so designated, the sites must be geographically located so as to provide all voters in the county an equal opportunity to cast a ballot, insofar as is practicable, and must provide sufficient nonpermitted parking to accommodate the anticipated amount of voters.
So my point about the locations having to be County facilities was spot-on, as I suspected. That's not a gloat, just confirmation of what I had been told when I did work for the SoE. No reason why an SoE employee would lie to me. That being said, the second part about the sites being "geographically located..." is quite interesting, as I wonder what, if any, sort of criteria defines what's "geographically located"?

Does this mean that there has to be something way out in the southeast corner of the County near Fort Lonesome, for example? Is there a radius from the location compared to the population in the area? I don't think there's an argument for a location in Fishhawk, considering its distance to either Bloomingdale or Riverview libraries, however.

This has generated more questions....interesting.

RM

Old 11-02-2022, 06:13 AM

880 posts, read 570,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
This was pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing!

So my point about the locations having to be County facilities was spot-on, as I suspected. That's not a gloat, just confirmation of what I had been told when I did work for the SoE. No reason why an SoE employee would lie to me. That being said, the second part about the sites being "geographically located..." is quite interesting, as I wonder what, if any, sort of criteria defines what's "geographically located"?

Does this mean that there has to be something way out in the southeast corner of the County near Fort Lonesome, for example? Is there a radius from the location compared to the population in the area? I don't think there's an argument for a location in Fishhawk, considering its distance to either Bloomingdale or Riverview libraries, however.

This has generated more questions....interesting.

RM

The next section of the statute grants the county the authority to lease and rent space to provide additional early-voting locations. For those coming from Fort Lonesome, for example (there is a neighborhood out there)... it's a 40+ minute drive.

Old 11-05-2022, 06:51 AM

124 posts, read 100,198 times
hey Atari....

I already told you the *deal*....right? lol

you're not stupid, or a knowitall

I KNOW the real deal lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay