Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 08:10 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Let's not normalize an experience that is actually a serious health code violation as "going all Karen". I have never been served a large insect on my plate, neither in high- nor low-end restaurants and I have been going to restaurants all over the world for decades. I eat at restaurants probably 5 times a week minimum.

I would expect the restaurant to comp at least half the meal if this had happened. That is what a great restaurant would do. It's called great customer service, not being a Karen. In fact, I have had restaurants VOLUNTARILY comp entrees, offer gift cards, credit full refunds for A LOT LESS than what I witnessed last night. One of the people at the table with the insect was dry heaving from realizing she had ingested insect entrails. Perhaps you enjoy eating insects or think insects in a salad are not a BFD. But in fact, as I said, it is a serious health code violation and from what I could tell, it ruined a family celebration. I actually think dumping a tray on someone is less egregious.

Very disappointing to see this lack of training or customer service at Bern's, where a steak entree alone can set you back $150. Certainly not a great restaurant whatsoever and with that kind of customer service, a Michelin star won't be coming anytime soon.
My wife found a dead mouse in a bag of frozen veggies from the local market. They comped us $150...

Old 05-18-2023, 09:29 AM

17,116 posts, read 15,341,895 times
OP should write a Google Review. Then we can all see Bern's response, as to whether or not this really even happened, and how it was addressed if it did in fact happen.

He has some sort of bizarre vendetta against Bern's (and pretty much anything Tampa Bay related) yet would go spend $800 there? And then complain about an insect in some random stranger's food? How does he even know they did not get a huge credit/discount on their bill? They have a reputation to keep up with, and it would be extremely strange of them not to offer credit for something such as this.

Eh... Believe what you all want lol... I am not buying this one.

Old 05-18-2023, 10:06 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
We’ve been over this before Sinatras… Can you say something nice about another restaurant in Tampa to balance out all the negativity in this thread?
seriously????????? why. are people THAT thin-skinned that they have to get offended over a bad Berns anecdote?
worry not, Bern's fans! after an extensive remodel and fumigation protocol, i'm sure Bern's will be back to its old self in no time! you just won't be catching me there ever again

there's a few restaurants that i like in tampa bay. rusty bellies in tarpon. starfish in cortez.
ocean prime in tampa. beach bistro on anna maria. wrights gourmet and osteria natalina in tampa.

actually come to think of it, ocean prime has excellent service. they actually comped my entire lunch ($250+) one time b/c the entrees did not arrive to the table at the same time. now that's what i call customer service.i can only imagine what they would have done had i been munching on an insect salad! . their menu is rather limited tho.

Old 05-18-2023, 10:44 AM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
We’ve been over this before Sinatras… Can you say something nice about another restaurant in Tampa to balance out all the negativity in this thread?

No - that's an impossibility for any positive statement about Florida.

Old 05-18-2023, 11:03 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times
Quote:
seriously????????? why. are people THAT thin-skinned that they have to get offended over a bad Berns anecdote?
worry not, Bern's fans! after an extensive remodel and fumigation protocol, i'm sure Bern's will be back to its old self in no time! you just won't be catching me there ever again

there's a few restaurants that i like in tampa bay. rusty bellies in tarpon. starfish in cortez.
ocean prime in tampa. beach bistro on anna maria. wrights gourmet and osteria natalina in tampa.

actually come to think of it, ocean prime has excellent service. they actually comped my entire lunch ($250+) one time b/c the entrees did not arrive to the table at the same time. now that's what i call customer service.i can only imagine what they would have done had i been munching on an insect salad! . their menu is rather limited tho.
Why would this even be a problem?

Old 05-18-2023, 11:08 AM

17,116 posts, read 15,341,895 times
LOL I see now... He's looking for free meals. He was probably hoping Bern's would give everyone free food yesterday on account of supposed insect in a separate table's food.

This is hilarious.

Old 05-18-2023, 11:19 AM

2,327 posts, read 2,276,900 times
Quote:
Seriously… A nice way of looking at this is you have very high standards. When you have something negative to say, it’s expected and doesn’t resonate with anyone… It’s interesting when there’s something you actually like though.

Old 05-18-2023, 11:54 AM

85 posts, read 70,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks OP might be making this BS up? Given his reputation, I wouldn't be surprised.
I don't believe much of what he posts, given his over the top style and personal attacks.

Old 05-18-2023, 12:41 PM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Why would this even be a problem?
Well I didn’t complain or ask for a comp over it. But ocean prime thought it was problematic and they voluntarily comped the meal.

One person received their entree and the other two people didn’t receive their entrees until 20 minutes later.

Old 05-18-2023, 01:08 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
The guests at the table next to mine were served a LARGE INSECT still half-alive in their salad.

How would you have handled the situation? Because the guests did not demand a full refund. And I found that strange.

Poor bug. What a way to go.....

I'd ask for another salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay