Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:23 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,962,054 times

Advertisements

I like the weather in Florida just fine heat and all no different then it being cold you have to go inside to get out of the elements.

I really like those sultry summer nights at the beach or late night swims in the pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 06:35 PM

126 posts, read 538,679 times
That's why Florida has air conditioning and pools!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:42 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,362,037 times
Also from the north. I keep being told "You'll adjust, give it time!" I've been here 9 years now...and still haven't adjusted. I'm planning on going back to the north.

Then again, I prefer cool over hot (unless it's a seasonal thing....like summer up north) - Florida's hot nearly year round, to me.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:05 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,670,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
....after living in two different mid western locations,...i'll definately take the year round warmth over 6 or 7 months of snow,freezing rain,and sliding around in it...
and while some people think florida summers are hot...as anyone else whoes lived there can tell you,...up north,..its alot more unbearable,and theres no ocean for 100s of miles to seek releif in..and like tampa guy 03 had mentioned,and unlike here in ca,..at least when you take a dip in the ocean,you dont become an instant popsicle...the water here is currently in the low-est 50s
in all of my experiances with florida summer heat...its really not that bad...especially closer to the gulf or the atlantic side...and even when it does get a little oppressive some days,...theres always that afternoon/evening thunderstorm...and then its perfect out....again,i'll take that over the relentless fog which has spoiled many nice beach days...cant wait to get back there......
I've spent my entire life in the Midwest and I agree with you 100%. When seven months of the year are unusable to you because it's too cold to go outside and you have to wear long underwear to stay warm (and you work inside) - that's ridiculous. I'm so anxious to make Florida my new home, to be warm all year long, and see the sun more than 137 days per year.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 PM

6 posts, read 19,118 times
I love the summers in Tampa. It really does not get as hot here as it gets further up north in Georgia and Alabama. In addition, we also have those afternoon thunderstorms that cool us off.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:41 PM

46 posts, read 133,964 times
We have been down here for 15 years, and the summer nights outside by the water are glorious. If you are not retired and working, the hot days are spent inside for the most part, leaving the evening hours to spend outside. I must admit my first few summers down here did take some getting used to. I think that September and October are much worse than the summer. The rest of the country is celebrating fall, and we are still hot. Also, bring on the summer thunderstorms- we could use the summer rains.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 AM

717 posts, read 773,210 times
a February Noreaster or 90 degrees by the pool? HMMMMMMMMM

Old 06-02-2008, 08:03 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
I was outside most of the day yesterday in a long sleeve t shirt pulling a transmission.
Never got that hot and didn't sweat at all.
Beer keeps you cool.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:47 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I've spent my entire life in the Midwest and I agree with you 100%. When seven months of the year are unusable to you because it's too cold to go outside and you have to wear long underwear to stay warm (and you work inside) - that's ridiculous. I'm so anxious to make Florida my new home, to be warm all year long, and see the sun more than 137 days per year.
I agree as I posted this above. We cannot wait to get away from being cold too. I am sick of being under house arrest for more then half the months a year. Gray skies will be a thing of the past for us.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:59 AM

346 posts, read 1,341,276 times
I find a lot of the overweight people who do not like outdoor activities hate Florida. Can you blame them? They were built for the Artic. I did go visit my sister twice in Chicago burbs last year at different times and here's what I encountered. During the summer there it was in the 90s everyday with absolutely no breeze and so much muggier than near the coast of Florida where I live. I'll take Florida summer anyday over midwest summers. I grew up in the midwest and it wasn't nice at all. I went to my sister's place in February and here's what I encountered for a whole week! Talk about limiting your outdoor activities other than going out to eat and to bars. It really sucked up there.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone else hate the summers in Florida?-img_4466.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay