U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 02:03 PM

135 posts, read 473,947 times

Advertisements

Anyone get tired of the heat in Florida? Moved here partly for the weather but will soon be moving back North because the heat becomes too much to take sometimes. 90's day in and day out. Very oppressive. It is unfortunate because I love everything else about Florida. Have a baby and another on the way and don't think that they'll be able to spend alot of time outdoors as I thought because it can get dangerously hot in my opinion.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 02:39 PM

1,832 posts, read 4,698,892 times
No. We have a pool and since we got it, we have LOVED summers.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:48 PM

10,739 posts, read 32,780,142 times
Thats why I live in Florida, I love the heat.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:31 PM

1,775 posts, read 7,530,653 times
I hate the heat. I've been here 15 years now and moving back north next month. Not moving specifically because of the heat but because my family is up there. I find myself indoors alot during the hot summer days just like indoors on the cold days up north but at least i'll be indoors with my family up there.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:47 PM

3,927 posts, read 10,638,754 times
Default Not any more

I used to grumble about the 4-months of sumertime heat and my spontaneous combustible state. But, I was recently humbled by an email I received about the US Soldiers in Baghdad, Iraq. The weather there is sweltering and the solders are fully clothed including gloves, helmets, packs and weapons. The 5-day forecast low for next week is 84 degrees with a high of 113 degrees.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:20 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,796,387 times
I LOVE Florida summers....laying on the raft in the Gulf or Pool and not freezing when getting out of the water, dipping into the 72 degree year round natural springs to cool off, great lightning and thunderstorms for taking late afternoon naps...sure its warm, but this is a semi-tropical location, so you could only expect it to be warmer than usual if you are from elsewhere in the summer months....

Old 05-31-2008, 08:31 PM

79 posts, read 308,914 times
Yesterday it was about 94 degrees. Around the same today. While its bad in the direct sun, it really wasn't so bad in the shade. It wasn't as oppressive as I'd expected. In NYC when it got into the 90's, walking outside was like getting punched in the face by a combination of the heat, humidity, car exhaust, mass of humanity around you, the buildings, etc. At least here its all pretty open and at least sterday and today, there was a breeze.

Really isn't so bad. Maybe after 5 - 6 months of it i'll be singing a different tune. But ya gotta love them bright blue skies that come seem to be almost daily.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:48 PM

90 posts, read 324,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
No. We have a pool and since we got it, we have LOVED summers.
OMG! I made the mistake once of going to the pool in the summer...I felt like a Matzoh ball in a pot of chicken soup. It's not refreshing at all, I was actually dripping in sweat while I floated in the pool. Never again. I swim in the fall and I swim in the spring. In the summer I stay indoors.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:03 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,352,752 times
I love the heat and cannot take the cold anymore. I feel like I can never get warm. When we are in Florida in late July or early August we love it.
For us we will take the extreme heat over the cold anyday. I know its hot in lower Florida during 3-4 months of the year but being cold and stuck inside for 8 months a year here is not any fun at all.
Send some heat north, we will take it. I still have the furnace on at night because it drops below 67 inside. Cannot stand be any colder then that.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:03 PM

2,035 posts, read 4,661,715 times
....after living in two different mid western locations,...i'll definately take the year round warmth over 6 or 7 months of snow,freezing rain,and sliding around in it...
and while some people think florida summers are hot...as anyone else whoes lived there can tell you,...up north,..its alot more unbearable,and theres no ocean for 100s of miles to seek releif in..and like tampa guy 03 had mentioned,and unlike here in ca,..at least when you take a dip in the ocean,you dont become an instant popsicle...the water here is currently in the low-est 50s
in all of my experiances with florida summer heat...its really not that bad...especially closer to the gulf or the atlantic side...and even when it does get a little oppressive some days,...theres always that afternoon/evening thunderstorm...and then its perfect out....again,i'll take that over the relentless fog which has spoiled many nice beach days...cant wait to get back there......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay