Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-03-2018, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Tampa, Fl
4,091 posts, read 6,028,797 times
Reputation: 3415

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninpa View Post
is ybor a good place for a middle age caucasion gay single man to live to meet people for friendship and dating? will i be safe enough if i move into ybor? relocating from the northeast usa
There are some shady neighborhoods within Ybor (I say this as someone currently looking for a place around that area). A realtor friend of mine suggested an area called Palmetto Beach, which is the neighborhood behind the IKEA and across Adamo from Ybor. I'd look into that area as it seems to have everything that people are looking for when they think "Florida," minus some modern conveniences of grocery stores and malls/places to buy clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2018, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 32,516,265 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninpa View Post
is ybor a good place for a middle age caucasion gay single man to live to meet people for friendship and dating? will i be safe enough if i move into ybor? relocating from the northeast usa
Hope you like baseball.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2018, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Greater Orlampa CSA
5,029 posts, read 5,700,720 times
Reputation: 3955
More infill than when this post was resurrected from 8 years ago. I do expect that the price values in the area will indeed, boom now lol. I wouldn't personally live there though, yet. There are other, better urban living options throughout TB, though it is a pretty cool place to go day or evening. One of my favorite places in the TB area and perhaps one of the more character filled urban spaces when compared to other southern major cities.

I noticed this block last time I was in Ybor for the Knight Parade: https://www.google.com/maps/@27.9588...7i13312!8i6656

However, places like this were put in, but sadly much of the original historic housing stock of the city, though it does exist, it doesn't in quantity compared to where it used to be:
Thousands of old Tampa photos released to public - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay

I saw an aerial shot of these types of rowhouses, along with several other photos of historic Tampa (and historic Havana, Cuba (WOAH. HARD TO BELIEVE THAT ARCHITECTURALLY STUNNING A PLACE IN ITS ORIGINAL SCALE WAS IN THE W.H..), that were highly impressive and fascinating, at the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts. Go on 4th Fridays when it's free before or after a dinner date sometime, shouldn't take longer than 20-30 minutes to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2018, 07:22 PM
 
57 posts, read 61,883 times
Reputation: 107
Ybor down the street from Downtown with trolley car connection Baseball stadium development can be transformative. I think people will be forward looking and begin to buy properties there as an excellent ground floor investment opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2018, 08:49 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
35 posts, read 42,584 times
Reputation: 55
Ybor City is the historic district in Tampa and is home to many bars and restaurants as well as a campus of Hillsborough Community College. There is some housing there but it is not a family area. There are many new projects in process now and coming soon close to downtown Tampa. One of these is a possible baseball stadium near Ybor City. If that does occur the value of some of the older areas nearby will increase. That fact is probably what the Realtor was referring to.

What kind of work do you do? Job availability here or anywhere depends on your field and training and experience. There are many great family neighborhoods in Tampa. Commute times again depend on where you will be working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2018, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
79 posts, read 77,159 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageflgirl View Post
Ybor City is the historic district in Tampa and is home to many bars and restaurants as well as a campus of Hillsborough Community College. There is some housing there but it is not a family area. There are many new projects in process now and coming soon close to downtown Tampa. One of these is a possible baseball stadium near Ybor City. If that does occur the value of some of the older areas nearby will increase. That fact is probably what the Realtor was referring to.

What kind of work do you do? Job availability here or anywhere depends on your field and training and experience. There are many great family neighborhoods in Tampa. Commute times again depend on where you will be working.
What do you mean it’s not a “family area”? I would be very careful using language like that especially considering our profession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2018, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Tampa, Fl
4,091 posts, read 6,028,797 times
Reputation: 3415
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaNativeGrl View Post
What do you mean it’s not a “family area”? I would be very careful using language like that especially considering our profession.
There's quite a few inconsistencies in their post. The baseball stadium isn't going to be "near" Ybor... It'll be in Ybor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2018, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
79 posts, read 77,159 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
There's quite a few inconsistencies in their post. The baseball stadium isn't going to be "near" Ybor... It'll be in Ybor.
I live near and work in and around the Ybor area so I'm quite familiar with the NUMEROUS condos, apartments, townhomes, lofts, and development going on. This post sounded a little strange to me that's why I commented. I don't want any misinformation to be spread about an area that I believe is booming and can be a great option for those with a budget. I see huge potential for a return on investment in that area. It may not be for everyone, it's definitely still transitioning and is up and coming. But for those who have an open mind and some flexibility it can be a good deal and has an eclectic mix of people from all walks of life. Always verify crime stats with Tampa PD crime map tool if you're concerned about safety instead of going off of someone's opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2018, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Tampa, Fl
4,091 posts, read 6,028,797 times
Reputation: 3415
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaNativeGrl View Post
I don't want any misinformation to be spread about an area that I believe is booming and can be a great option for those with a budget.
AKA: I'm helping investors come in, price out locals, destroy an area, and then move on when they're done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2018, 04:34 PM
 
30,492 posts, read 21,381,970 times
Reputation: 12036
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
AKA: I'm helping investors come in, price out locals, destroy an area, and then move on when they're done.
You have been beat to the destroy part bart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top