Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 AM

428 posts, read 1,467,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dungbeetle View Post
As a police officer here I can tell you that Ybor City si home to the hippest young druggies, rapists, and gangbangers in the city!
Used to be home to the hippest young mobsters, bookies, and drug dealers. Going back to its roots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 12:56 PM

29 posts, read 99,778 times
definately dont live in ybor city or anywhere near Univ of S Florida is my rule. Too much crime. My son was almost mugged there not to long ago.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:19 AM

190 posts, read 648,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcranelady View Post
definately dont live in ybor city or anywhere near Univ of S Florida is my rule. Too much crime. My son was almost mugged there not to long ago.
there are some decent neighborhoods near USF. between 46-56 streets, between fowler and linebaugh. i live in this neighborhood, and it is quiet, yet close to a lot of businesses and activities. you have busch gardens, adventure island, and the imax theater within 2 or 3 miles. i like it. idk how the public schools are tho. that would be one for the parents to answer...

Old 06-05-2008, 11:23 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,490,800 times
around the usf area is ok but once you hit 22nd or the mall then you get into shady areas.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,624 times
lol are u kidding me?? hahahhaha the only one being honest is the police officer, everyone else is being too pc.....look, if you stroll down ybor at night it is the defintion of ghetto, you'll see mostly african americans in gangster clothing, a lot of box cars with gigantic rims, women looking like wh*res wearing practically nothing getting shouted at from the men inside the cars, a lot of mentally challenged homeless people doing weird things on the sidewalk, i would just leave tampa if i was forced to raise a family in ybor.....and a fyi a much better/safer place to party is channelside if your in the dtwn area, ybor is quite dangerous.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:40 AM

9 posts, read 15,897 times
Never had a problem in Ybor and think it would be neat to live in one of the lofts in the area, but would not raise a family there. Yeah some parts are sketchy but if you're smart about what you're doing and stay between 13th and 24th st, and 3rd ave and 11th ave you likely won't have a problem. Just be smart...don't go walking around dark areas at 2 am or other things like that. I enjoy it down there and I honestly don't understand a lot of the hate...If you want to be around a bunch of pretentious Dr's with trophy wives and bmw's stay in Hyde Park... or some other country club neighborhood for yuppies 45 minutes away from the Downtown core. I'll stick with Ybor and enjoy all of the great independent restaurants and bars in the area. With the Bricks and SPoT skate shop going in and the Western part being renovated, I see some good things for Ybor in the future.

Last edited by GOOT; 07-18-2010 at 11:50 AM..

Old 07-18-2010, 11:43 AM

30,166 posts, read 20,881,966 times
I would stay well away, lots of drunks and killers.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:19 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,056,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler View Post
Good place to visit during the day. No longer the hip hangout it was in the mid/late 90s for nightlife. Back to its nefarious 70s/80s vibe.

It still has a 70s/80s vibe to it I find. If you go to the bars where you get cheaper beer and music, it feels retro and stuff I find.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 762 times
is ybor a good place for a middle age caucasion gay single man to live to meet people for friendship and dating? will i be safe enough if i move into ybor? relocating from the northeast usa

Old 04-03-2018, 05:33 PM

30,166 posts, read 20,881,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninpa View Post
is ybor a good place for a middle age caucasion gay single man to live to meet people for friendship and dating? will i be safe enough if i move into ybor? relocating from the northeast usa
You will be fine as wine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay