Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:13 AM

717 posts, read 773,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
AJ...have you taken the time to read the news artilce included in one of the posts....it appears that several states offer the confederate flag as a license plate background...so does that make the elected officials of those states "pathetic, ignorant and just stupid." What about all the the stores, mail order catalogs, etc. that offer the flag and other items representing the confederate flag for sale...if there wasn't a market for it....no one would sell it...so, take it for what it is...a symbol of the past and what makes this country so great..."FREEDOM"...
No elected officials are ever stupid or ignorant What are you talking about?

Old 06-05-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywherebutpinellas View Post
Sncoupons - My head is clear, very clear. I see things the way they are, with no sugar coating and namby pamby political correctness. I have a problem with the government in these countries. China is a communist country and would blow us up in a heartbeat if they had the chance. And have you forgotten the attacks on our own soil by radical Muslims? To even see a Muslim headdress in this country is an insult to those who died. What if one of your family members had been killed? I think you would feel differently.

I sure hate to think what would have happened if the bomb had not been dropped to end the war with the Japanese in 1945. At least Harry Truman had the guts to stick up for this country and his soldiers. Now we worry about who might get hurt, boo-hoo. I say blow the whole Middle East to smithereens and that would end all of their problems.

Islam is a stupid religion perpetrated by yet another MAN and subjects its women to these idiotic customs of having to cover up, etc. I am sorry for these women - at a time when women should be advancing, they are being pushed back and held down. Men will always do this to women if we let them.
Sorry but You truly need an education. You have no idea about American Chinese relations or the Muslim religion. Typical redneck ignorance

Old 06-05-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I find it funny that this is in Tampa. I would have expected this somewhere in the panhandle but Tampa? Even Florida's role in the Civil War is negligible if I remember my history. Was Tampa even a city during the Civil War? Most of the population of Florida at the time was concentrated in the panhandle & northern Florida so this is very odd.
Its just the redneck mentality. Many of the uneducated in this forum believe the Civil War was fought over slavery. When in fact slavery was a far far back burner issue in the Civil War. But I guess to these people ignorance is bliss. I hope they enjoy their pick up trucks, trailer parks and Budweiser cans. I'll enjoy my BMW, inground pool, and Microbrews.

Last edited by AJGIANTS; 06-05-2008 at 07:36 AM..

Old 06-05-2008, 07:27 AM

346 posts, read 1,341,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I find it funny that this is in Tampa. I would have expected this somewhere in the panhandle but Tampa? Even Florida's role in the Civil War is negligible if I remember my history. Was Tampa even a city during the Civil War? Most of the population of Florida at the time was concentrated in the panhandle & northern Florida so this is very odd.
Rob, if you don't remember this I'll take you back a bit. A black man was kidnapped, doused with gasoline, and set on fire. This crime was committed, I'm guessing, by people that love and admire this flag. Here's the article from the NY Times. This is a great symbol of this wonderful flag.

Brooklyn Man Tells a Florida Jury About Being Kidnapped and Set Ablaze - New York Times

Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM

16 posts, read 36,995 times
I think freedom of speech is one thing but a hateful message is another....

Old 06-05-2008, 08:00 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post
What about people driving around with little flags dangling from their rearview mirrors from other countries. Why are they displaying those flags in America? Why not display the Red, White of Blue of the Good Old United States of America in which they are living?

Because the Constitution gives them the right.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:03 AM

Here is the bottom line: anyone who supports this flag flying has a right to. The millions of educated people also have a right to call this a pathetic and ignorant display. And I have the right to judge a person who condones what this flag symbolizes. That is what America is about. If you can not handle the heat go live in a sissy nation like Canada.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:04 AM

81 posts, read 308,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anywherebutpinellas View Post
Sncoupons - My head is clear, very clear. I see things the way they are, with no sugar coating and namby pamby political correctness. I have a problem with the government in these countries. China is a communist country and would blow us up in a heartbeat if they had the chance. And have you forgotten the attacks on our own soil by radical Muslims? To even see a Muslim headdress in this country is an insult to those who died. What if one of your family members had been killed? I think you would feel differently.

I sure hate to think what would have happened if the bomb had not been dropped to end the war with the Japanese in 1945. At least Harry Truman had the guts to stick up for this country and his soldiers. Now we worry about who might get hurt, boo-hoo. I say blow the whole Middle East to smithereens and that would end all of their problems.

Islam is a stupid religion perpetrated by yet another MAN and subjects its women to these idiotic customs of having to cover up, etc. I am sorry for these women - at a time when women should be advancing, they are being pushed back and held down. Men will always do this to women if we let them.
LOL - Again, how many muslims you really know in this country? If you went to college in recent generation you would have invariably come across many - it would be another question whether you would have befriended them or not. I will again repeat my point. For you, word muslim implies same generalisation to any single person practicing it (Oh Mohammad Ali you are black and you are muslim, damn!). It's none of my business to defend Islam, - BUT, I have known enough people of that religion (and others) to know better. And fyi: none of the people I know covers their head. It is not a religion that I can entirely relate to either. However, that does not make me hate them, sorry dude I am not gonna jump in your 4x4 to smoke a cigar with you on that. You are saying because terrorists were radical muslim we have right to hate every single muslim in the world? Hitler was a Roman Catholic (do you know that? He believed in the Bible's God, raised as Catholic, went to a monastery school), did that mean every single catholic ought to be target of hatred because of Hitler? If some fellow Christian ****head does something pathetic in France, does that mean Christian in US of A supports his action?

You say China would blow us up in a heart beat just because they are communist? Do you really know what you are talking about?

**** happens every day. Sure, no namby pamby stuff there. Blacks were treated so horribly in not-so-distant past in our own land and even today they are not really treated that well, are they? And if you care to read the history you will know why many people are offended with this flag.

Anyways, I am not going to continue this mad chain of replies with you anymore here. I am not proud of any white supremacy crap and neither I have had any issues hanging out with people of diverse culture and background. Because, when you do that, you will be surprised to know how stupid you are to generalize.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sncoupons View Post
LOL - Again, how many muslims you really know in this country? If you went to college in recent generation you would have invariably come across many - it would be another question whether you would have befriended them or not. I will again repeat my point. For you, word muslim implies same generalisation to any single person practicing it (Oh Mohammad Ali you are black and you are muslim, damn!). It's none of my business to defend Islam, - BUT, I have known enough people of that religion (and others) to know better. And fyi: none of the people I know covers their head. It is not a religion that I can entirely relate to either. However, that does not make me hate them, sorry dude I am not gonna jump in your 4x4 to smoke a cigar with you on that. You are saying because terrorists were radical muslim we have right to hate every single muslim in the world? Hitler was a Roman Catholic (do you know that? He believed in the Bible's God, raised as Catholic, went to a monastery school), did that mean every single catholic ought to be target of hatred because of Hitler? If some fellow Christian ****head does something pathetic in France, does that mean Christian in US of A supports his action?

You say China would blow us up in a heart beat just because they are communist? Do you really know what you are talking about?

**** happens every day. Sure, no namby pamby stuff there. Blacks were treated so horribly in not-so-distant past in our own land and even today they are not really treated that well, are they? And if you care to read the history you will know why many people are offended with this flag.

Anyways, I am not going to continue this mad chain of replies with you anymore here. I am not proud of any white supremacy crap and neither I have had any issues hanging out with people of diverse culture and background. Because, when you do that, you will be surprised to know how stupid you are to generalize.
its really not worth responding to anywherebutpinellas. The person is obviously ignorant to the point of idiocy.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:24 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Its just the redneck mentality. Many of the uneducated in this forum believe the Civil War was fought over slavery. When in fact slavery was a far far back burner issue in the Civil War. But I guess to these people ignorance is bliss. I hope they enjoy their pick up trucks, trailer parks and Budweiser cans. I'll enjoy my BMW, inground pool, and Microbrews.
My name is Elmer J Fudd, Millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

Please tell us more about this luxurious northern lifestyle that those in the south could never think to enjoy.

Could you please also explain to us uneducated folk what the reason the Civil War was fought for.

If you say States Rights, that falls back to slavery.

If you say the economy, that also falls back to slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay