Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:21 AM

436 posts, read 1,357,595 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info Pooh. I wish you like whatever you decide. It sounds like all those areas are nice so I am sure you will be happy with your choice. Keep us posted. When are you planning to relocate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 02:30 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohcorner View Post
Well I'm back from Florida and we saw some houses we're considering. All are in Trinity. Margel....Grey Hawk is beautiful. We saw 2 houses there, both brand new but they were expensive. One was less then one we're considering in Trinity but the lot was awful. One wall was all windows and it faced another house so there was absolutely no privacy at all. The second house had 5 bathrooms..way too many but was on a lake and the view was amazing! Very expensive though!
There are a lot of rentals in Trinity West due to the overspeculation if you prefer to rent first.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:00 PM

89 posts, read 345,465 times
Well Margel we're planning on relocating in September so time is getting tight.

Fopt: Renting isn't something we're considering as we don't want to deal with moving twice. We've seen alot of houses in Trinity West but Foxwood really had some nice possibilities. Fingers are crossed all around

Old 03-18-2007, 08:05 PM

436 posts, read 1,357,595 times
Pooh, I am so excited for you. We should be right before you sometime end of July or August...but then my 2 daughters and I will be returning to Philadelphia and renting for 1 year until they graduate (one from high school, the other from 8th grade.....ugh, but I promised) so our completed overall move will be June, 2008. Until then my husband and my youngest will be settling in Odessa without us.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:34 AM

89 posts, read 345,465 times
Margel, so you have definitely decided on Odessa? Have you bought? Where in Odessa if you don't mind my asking? Did you ever manage to check out Grey Hawk?

Old 05-07-2007, 01:36 PM

4 posts, read 14,034 times
Default Home for sale in Clearwater, not too far from Tarpon Springs

Nice area, great investment since it can be also zoned commercial for offices/home business. Near downtown Clearwater (5 blocks south of downtown) and near professional offices of Morton Plant Hospital. Back yard borders million dollar homes in neighborhood of Nigel Mansel, Precilla Presley, Hulk Hogan down the street, etc. Older frame home, but great possibilities and priced to sell at $325,000.00. Will consider Lease Option/best offer-save without a realtor commission. Currently for sale by owner. My wife has owned it for 17 years and raised her children here. Nice schools, facilities, shopping, etc. Centrally located in Pinellas County.

2 story, 4 BR, 3 BA, Den, Living Room w/fireplace, Dining room, breakfast room, kitchen, screened deck, detached 2 car garage w/mother-in-law efficiency apartment on rear w/ 1BA, plenty of parking in front and inside stockade gated driveway/yard. Surprisingly quiet for close to downtown and privacy is not an issue! After nearby residential/offices close, anything goes! Safe area, fenced yard, streetlights, etc.

One block west of Fort Harrison on Jeffords Street down the street from Morton Plant Hospital / Intercoastal Waterway. 5 minutes from Clearwater Beach. Tarpon Springs is just 15 minutes up U.S. 19 N. Tampa is 20 minutes away on Hwy 60 across bay.

If interested or know someone that may be looking in this area, please email me for phone number and details. We're motivated and will work with buyer. Wife's health situation necessitates moving to smaller home.

Good luck with your relocation!

Last edited by sjh55; 05-07-2007 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 08-21-2007, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,986 times
I agree with a previous poster, avoid Windjammer Homes. Their customer service is horrible and they don't keep any promises to fix things AFTER you close. If you look at building a home, I don't care what builder you pick - GET AN ATTORNEY to help you with the contract. If the builder won't allow reasonable changes, run the other way.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:13 PM

162 posts, read 677,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzgl View Post
I agree with a previous poster, avoid Windjammer Homes. Their customer service is horrible and they don't keep any promises to fix things AFTER you close. If you look at building a home, I don't care what builder you pick - GET AN ATTORNEY to help you with the contract. If the builder won't allow reasonable changes, run the other way.
Jrzgl, I'm curious if you used Windjammer as I believe you are in Hernando County like me. We used Alexander but we have friends considering using them here.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 PM

2 posts, read 12,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debidibly View Post
Jrzgl, I'm curious if you used Windjammer as I believe you are in Hernando County like me. We used Alexander but we have friends considering using them here.
Yes, we did and had a less than desirable experience. So much for the dream of building a dream home - more like a nightmare. Since moving here, we've heard similar from others and the only two builders getting consistently good feedback are EPAC and Alexander. As I'd noted in my previous post, regardless of who they go with, get an attorney to review the contract before they sign! Best wishes to them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay