Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Tampa grow into a world-class city???
YES 19 34.55%
NO 36 65.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 08:35 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,088,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAmerica_US View Post
Out of curiosity, when you visit large cities around the world (outside of the U.S.), you don’t care about rail access? Do you rent cars or take the busses?
I care. Driving in world class city like London, Paris, Mexico City, etc is pointless. Sitting in traffic and not aware of the local roads is stressful.

One reason I rate lowly and left the Peruvian capital of Lima quickly is because it does not have good public transportation. A city that size with no subway or rail is ridiculous. I'm not renting a car in that city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2024, 08:38 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
I care. Driving in world class city like London, Paris, Mexico City, etc is pointless. Sitting in traffic and not aware of the local roads is stressful.
One does not exclude the other. You can rent a car and still use public transportation when is appropriate

Old 03-21-2024, 08:41 AM

137 posts, read 43,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post

One reason I rate lowly and left the Peruvian capital of Lima quickly is because it does not have good public transportation. A city that size with no subway or rail is ridiculous. I'm not renting a car in that city.
This is how I feel too. When I visit any major city, I have no desire to drive around, sitting in traffic, stressing out. A comprehensive rail network is a requirement.

Likewise, I visit NYC multiple times a year, and am not going to subject myself to renting a car to drive around the city. Part of what makes my trips there so enjoyable is how easy it is to get around without the use of a car.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:44 AM

626 posts, read 400,285 times
Hilarious, Tampa the best in the United States?? Talk about low expectations lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanGenious25 View Post
In the United States? really? Tampa doesn't even have rail service, hell even Orlando has Sunrail and Brightline.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Hilarious, Tampa the best in the United States?? Talk about low expectations lol
https://www.google.com/maps/@27.9976...8192?entry=ttu

Old 03-21-2024, 08:53 AM

626 posts, read 400,285 times
Is that monstrosity still flying high?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbtoy7891 View Post

Old 03-21-2024, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Is that monstrosity still flying high?!
Of COURSE it is. What would Tampa be without the symbol of diversity flying high at one of the major interchanges, for millions of people to see?

Old 03-21-2024, 08:59 AM

Quote:
This is how I feel too. When I visit any major city, I have no desire to drive around, sitting in traffic, stressing out. A comprehensive rail network is a requirement.

Likewise, I visit NYC multiple times a year, and am not going to subject myself to renting a car to drive around the city. Part of what makes my trips there so enjoyable is how easy it is to get around without the use of a car.
Try to do a tour of any place outside a major city without a car.....as I said, use of public transportation does not explode the use of a car when appropriate..

Old 03-21-2024, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Try to do a tour of any place outside a major city without a car.....as I said, use of public transportation does not explode the use of a car when appropriate..
Right... But in this case, we are discussing "world-class cities." I'm assuming this means "major cities."

Old 03-21-2024, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Right... But in this case, we are discussing "world-class cities." I'm assuming this means "major cities."
I was answering to a generic question about traveling. I already said that if I take a quick 5 days trip to London to do some strolling and shopping in the city, I would not rent a car.

In my personal life, I will never renounce my personal transportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay