U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:22 PM

3 posts, read 21,416 times

Advertisements

I am planning a move to the Tampa area in December from New Jersey. I am looking for an area that is not too far from the Hard Rock Hotel. I would like to keep the commute to a maximum of 30 or 40 minutes. I know absolutely nothing about the area and have read so many mixed reviews about different areas that it makes my head spin. Ideally I am looking for some advice about traffic congestion, nice neighborhoods and an area that is also close to shopping and restaurants. I guess an area that is urban but looks suburban, someplace that is close to it all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 10:11 PM

104 posts, read 341,596 times
Good luck in your move. You might want to check out South Tampa which is urban/suburban and is not a bad drive to the Hard Rock. If you do this route you are going against traffic.

2 Other ideas you might want to check out would include Riverview/Brandon and New Tampa/Lutz/

Good luck,

Steve

Old 06-08-2008, 11:23 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,561,227 times
in my observations and experiences most of the city limits of tampa, minus some of south tampa and the general carollwood region, is entirely ghetto. like real hood crazy violent ghetto like u wouldnt imagine. stay around hyde park, bayshore, westshore areas in south tampa if u r young and into nightlife or bunker down out in places like brandon, valrico, riverview, apollo beach or up in lutz,land o lakes etc if u just want relative safety and quiet....

Old 06-09-2008, 07:49 AM

Thank you for your reply. I have read a lot of positive about Brandon and Riverview and definitely want to stay out of violent vicinities of Tampa. I appreciate your feedback.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:52 AM

Thanks Tampasteve. I will definitely check out the Lutz area and New Tampa. Would you be able to provide zip codes for those areas.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:47 AM

15 posts, read 56,208 times
Try Raintree on E. Fowler, it's close to I-75 and I-4 (Hard Rock) and is very nice. I've seen rentals on these beautiful condos as low as $800/mo! Check the classifieds at tbo.com to see what's available.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:36 PM

29 posts, read 114,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob08234 View Post
Thanks Tampasteve. I will definitely check out the Lutz area and New Tampa. Would you be able to provide zip codes for those areas.
Lutz zip 33558

Old 06-11-2008, 07:23 PM

3,927 posts, read 10,637,443 times
Lutz is too far from the Hard Rock. I live less than a mile from Lutz zip 33558 and I've driven this route more than once (there's a great farmer's market just west of the HR on Hillsborough). I do agree Lutz is nice though.

Were it me looking based on the limited criteria you gave, I would look in Temple Terrace Zip 33617.

If you'll tell us what you're looking for (# beds/baths & price range), maybe we can narrow down the selections and help you a little better.

Finally, there is a community of older homes just west of Hard Rock on a large lake. You might find something there that suits you and then you could bike to work!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:41 PM

141 posts, read 713,413 times
I second temple terrace. Also check out the 33637 part of TT.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:57 PM

8 posts, read 41,358 times
If you're looking for somewhere safe and within 30 minutes to the HR, then New Tampa is you best bet. It's a little up in price, but everything in this area is all new (they're even reconstructing a new on ramp for 1-75 in this area, which will make commuting even easier. NT will put you close to Super Walmart, Super Target, Publixes within blocks of eachother. The closest mall to me is less than 10 mins away, with Brandon and the Brandon Mall only 15ish minutes away. As far a nightlife, this is a college town, so you have plenty of bars and resturants nearby and some of the best clubs in tampa are only 20-30 mins away. If you need any other info, just let me know.
Good luck with your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or