U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 10:06 PM

3 posts, read 8,634 times

Advertisements

7913 River Ridge Dr, Temple Terrace Fl 33637

Been thinking about moving here because its centrally located. Any details on safety, traffic, shopping, nightlife of the area?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 10:15 PM

161 posts, read 359,995 times
It's a relative safe neighborhood, it is Florida still though If you were to move more east it would get increasingly worse. I'm not familiar with the particular neighborhood but that area of TT is pretty good. The only thing I would be aware of is sink holes I know Raintree off of Fowler has had some trouble with that. You are pretty close to New Tampa and the new malls being built up that way ( I wouldn't shop at University Mall!). It's only one exit up and you are in the most desirable area outside of the city. Are you living in Florida?

Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 PM

8 posts, read 41,469 times
I've been to some neighborhoods in that area and some are nice, but there are also some very ghetto areas. I'd search the only realty sites for homes available in the New Tampa area. For almost the same price as an older home in the TT area, you can get a much newer one in the Tampa Palms area. You just have to scout it out online to find the best deals.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 PM

3,928 posts, read 10,700,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlooker09 View Post
7913 River Ridge Dr, Temple Terrace Fl 33637

Been thinking about moving here because its centrally located. Any details on safety, traffic, shopping, nightlife of the area?

Thanks!
You can lookup crime maps by address for the City of Tampa at City of Tampa All Crimes for April 2008.

You can also look up the address and see it for real on Google Street Maps at Google Maps

Good luck!

Old 06-12-2008, 07:45 AM

428 posts, read 1,545,278 times
I don't think that is a "ghetto" area. If the home backs up to the river, it may be very nice. I live in Temple Terrace on the river. The problem has been mainly the areas west of 56th street, and this is well east.

Good news on Temple Terrace: The revitalization project will finally be going forward as of next month. The ugly empty shopping center will be gone, and a new walkable shopping area with little shops and nice architecture will be built.

New Tampa has nice neighborhoods, but the traffic on B B Downs is horrible. Something to consider!

Good luck!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:18 AM

15,926 posts, read 33,583,148 times
For Temple Terrace, definitely stay EAST of 56th street. You are getting sketchy "ghetto" areas to the west, even if some homes appear nice on the surface.

JMO

Old 06-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Thanks for all the great info. Any more is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-12-2008, 10:00 PM

I'd especially like to know about the traffic and shopping/restaurants in the area.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:16 AM

428 posts, read 1,545,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlooker09 View Post
I'd especially like to know about the traffic and shopping/restaurants in the area.
The traffic in Temple Terrace is no worse than anywhere else in the tampa area, which isn't saying a lot! Overall, rush hour is always somewhat congested, but it generally is not gridlock, which it can be in New Tampa. You are about 20-25 minutes from downtown Tampa by way of the Selmon Expresway, which is never heavily trafficked except in rush hour.

Shopping will be improving in Temple Terrace when they have completed the new shopping area, which will be within a couple of years--the plans have just been approved. At the moment, there are several good grocery stores--two Publix'es and a Sweetbay. Restaurants are not the greatest--chains like Outback and such. Closest good restaurants are closer to downtown. USF is nearby, and they have nice arts/musical events, football and basketball, etc. University Mall is to be avoided, but from TT you can drive to the Brandon Mall in about 20 minutes. The Hillsborough river winds through TT and is beautiful. There is a nice golf course winding through TT as well.

Hope that helps a bit--Good luck!
Teresa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay