Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:05 AM

523 posts, read 2,829,323 times

Advertisements

I thought spring hill was retirement area mostly. I dont like it because it is not really close to interstates,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 01:03 PM

137 posts, read 545,646 times
Dorothy,

There isnt one that I know of, but I find wherever I go I am surrounded by fellow LI'nders. I think theres a NY'rs club but it's held at a Senior Citizen Center so depending on your age you may or may not be interested. Don't get home sick too fast, just keep your ears open and you will hear that NY accent everywhere. If you miss really good italian food, there is this fantastic restaurant that just opened called a Touch of Napoli at the corner of Barclay and Elgin Blvd.

and as far as Spring Hill not being close to the interstates.....Exit 41 on the SunCoast Pkwy is Spring Hill. The Suncoast turns into Veterans....it takes me a 1/2 to get to TPA. Yes it was a retirement area but not anymore. The community that I live in as well as the one I work in is 90% young families with children, and a lot of the people moved here from NY, NJ, MI, OH. There are a few born and raised FL too.

Old 02-10-2007, 03:13 PM

198 posts, read 959,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridasunshine View Post
I thought spring hill was retirement area mostly. I dont like it because it is not really close to interstates,
The suncoast parkway which is a limited access toll highway, cuts right through spring hill. I-75 is about 30 mintutes east of spring hill. Both roads provide direct access to hillsborough and pinellas counties.

Spring hill used to be nothing but retirement age people everywhere, but now it is getting a nice influx of younger people and more shopping and restaurant choices.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:30 PM

2 posts, read 16,771 times
Default Spring Hill

I moved to Spring Hill a little over a year ago form south florida
where I lived since 1985, I'm originally from Booklyn, NY.
I visited the area seven (7) times before we decided to buy a
home from M/I Homes, we considered Inland Homes, US Homes
and others, by a wide margin M/I Homes is the best, we have
a 15 and 16 year old, the schools in this county are a lot better
than any of the others we checked, two of them are magnet,
I strongly recommend Spring Hill, specially if you have children,
Good luck

Old 02-27-2007, 02:18 PM

8 posts, read 34,189 times
Odessa is a great area. I have two children the same age as yours and Odessa is not that far from Tampa, Pinellas or Pasco County. We moved here 5 years ago and love it. We live off of Lutz Lake Fern Rd and we are not far from 3 pre-schools, an elementary and middle school. The Suncoast Parkway is not far from the house and will get you to just about anywhere in 30 minutes or less.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 AM

11 posts, read 46,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy-new to SH View Post
Hello,,
I am a new resident of Spring Hill, Florida.
Does anyone know if there is a New York or Long Island club here? I am homesick and would love to hear the same accent as mine somewhere!
Thanks, Dorothy

There is a New Yorker's club..... Unfortunately in order to be a member you have to live in New York. I highly recommend that you and many, many of your fellow expatriates join because the benefits of membership are innumerable.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,396 times
I have lived near spring Hill near the coast. I have lived in Tampa, Downtown St. Petersburg, East Hillborough County. We moved here to try something different. We live on a stilt home right on the Mud River Near the Gulf. This area is the nature coast and compared to the other areas in Tampa Bay the coastal beauty is great here. Plus the ammenities are good. I unfortunately work in Clearwater FL so my commute is over an hour. This area is still growing. If you can work in this county that would be great. Tampa is only an hour away. The mix is very intersting. The influx of folks from NY and NJ plus being next to the "old Florida" is very interesting. Dining and shopping are quite plentiful. The coastal beaty is very nice and is why I am here. If you like Nature and having many amenities nearby. Spring Hill is not that bad.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,398 times
Arrow My First Visit

Hi,

This is my first visit; in fact, this is my first computer---at age 62! I don't know what I'm doing yet. Ha, ha! But I'm learning. I have friends and my husband's cousins living in Spring Hill, and I'm considering a move to the area or nearby when I retire. I don't know anything about the area; I've only visited once.

If there's anyone out there who could give me some general information, I'd appreciate it very much.

Now I have to figure out what to do next on this computer.

'Bye---for now. Shalimar

Old 03-31-2007, 01:18 PM

18 posts, read 48,715 times
I am a single guy, 51 considering a position in Brooksville.
Is there any activity there? Any Culture at all?
What are the major activities there?
What kind of town is it. Any night life?
I can commute if I have to, but not to far.
Am Looking for a decent, nice neighborhood.
A 20 minute commute would be O.K. Further if I have to.
Can you suggest closest largest community within a reasonable
driving distance of Brooksville?... if I want any decent night life?
Respond here or to

slapmylawyer@aol.com
Thanks

Last edited by italian guy; 03-31-2007 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: grammer correction

Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM

137 posts, read 545,646 times
I'm also Italian, I live in Spring Hill, I work in Brooksville. I dont know too much about the night life in the area. I'm married and we tend to go on day trips more than explore the nightlife. But from what I hear there's a few good places to hang out. Saints and Sinners, The Pickled Parrot. We also only 40 min from Ybor city which is a hugh nightlife spot. If you want more detailed info about Brooksville visit WWW.HernandoForums.Com.
A few communities in the area that are nice are....Sterling Hill, Spring Ridge, The Villages at Avalon, and Trillium. They're all located in Spring Hill/Brooksville. Like I said visit that website and you will get the opinions of a lot of Hernando County residents. That's where I got a lot of my info before moving here from NY. P.S. My moms 58, speaks Italian and is single if you ever need someone to go out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by italian guy View Post
I am a single guy, 51 considering a position in Brooksville.
Is there any activity there? Any Culture at all?
What are the major activities there?
What kind of town is it. Any night life?
I can commute if I have to, but not to far.
Am Looking for a decent, nice neighborhood.
A 20 minute commute would be O.K. Further if I have to.
Can you suggest closest largest community within a reasonable
driving distance of Brooksville?... if I want any decent night life?
Respond here or to

slapmylawyer@aol.com
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay