Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2023, 12:46 AM

73 posts, read 160,283 times

Advertisements

Hi! I love this forum because the locals are so helpful...thanks in advance for that.

We've explored many areas of FL on our "where to retire" tours over the years...both coasts, the middle, north and south - we've seen a lot! We've decided on the gulf coast somewhere near Tampa...but not in the cities; we're done with hustle and bustle.

We probably want to purchase in an active adult community, but not necessarily an age-restricted one, and no golf course needed.

We would like proximity to bike trails, 30 minutes or so to a nice beach, a walkable, lively downtown not too far away, and we do not want to live in a flood or evacuation zone. So far we like Starkey Ranch/Esplanade in Odessa (though the traffic on 19 and 54 is concerning and the taxes/fees are high). We plan to continue looking around Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs and New Port Richey...but the flood zone thing...

This time we're thinking of checking out the Parrish and Palmetto areas, southeast of Tampa. Specifically, I've found these communities online:

Del Webb Bayview
North River Ranch
Seaire
Esplanade at Artisan Lakes

I would appreciate any input on these areas and communities, e.g. traffic, aesthetics, traffic, safety, vibrancy, traffic. It looks like the area is developing rapidly, from what I can tell? We don't need to think about schools other than desirability for resale.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2023, 05:49 PM

5,976 posts, read 7,365,693 times
I don't know much about these communities, but your requirements made me think of them from what little I do know about them.

I know the area around Parrish as well as farther south towards Bradenton has had a lot of development in the last 5 years or so in the way of major community developments.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay