Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:21 PM

12 posts, read 70,434 times

Advertisements

My job is relocating my girlfriend, small dog, and I to Tampa. We have heard that South Tampa is a good area. We will be renting, and our limit is in the $700 range and are seeking advice... what are the best apartment complexes in South Tampa? Just a regular 1bed/1bath should do the trick. We prefer a quiet and safe neighborhood that isnt too far away from nightlife and activities. Any help would would be awesome. Thanks a bunch!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 01:58 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,921,307 times
$700 in S. Tampa for a 1/1 will be tricky to find, but not impossible. I think Zee Management has some in that range. Also, check out Camden Westshore and The Cove. Zee will have apartments in the nicest shape/sections of town followed by Camden. The Cove can be a little sketchy!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 PM

We've been checking out Camden Bayside... it looks really nice. Do you know anything about it?

Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,921,307 times
Camden Bayside is pretty far off the beaten path and is surrounded by old industrial waterfront. The apartments are standard, not much character to them and the community is rather sleepy. I dated a guy that lived in there, almost rented there myself.

My preference for Camden's in S. Tampa is Camden Westshore. It's got an amazing location and a wonderful community. The landscaping is pretty cool -- the tenants have a complex wide pool party/barbeque once a month to get to know each other. The apartments are nice. Your minutes from DownTown Tampa, Hyde Park, SoHo, St. Pete, and Westshore.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:19 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,358,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Camden Bayside is pretty far off the beaten path and is surrounded by old industrial waterfront. The apartments are standard, not much character to them and the community is rather sleepy. I dated a guy that lived in there, almost rented there myself.

My preference for Camden's in S. Tampa is Camden Westshore. It's got an amazing location and a wonderful community. The landscaping is pretty cool -- the tenants have a complex wide pool party/barbeque once a month to get to know each other. The apartments are nice. Your minutes from DownTown Tampa, Hyde Park, SoHo, St. Pete, and Westshore.
Camden Bayside less than a mile north of Camden Westshore? There is also Camden Preserve next door to Camden Bayside, both VERY nice communities right on the Bay, next to Camden Bayside is a very exclusive waterfront subdivision with million dollar homes/townehomes and condos(Westshore Yacht Club), and on the other side of Camden Preserve is another exclusive community rentals(Casa Bella).

Old 06-25-2008, 10:53 AM

I just found out today that my job will be located in Brandon. It looks like kind of a long drive from South Tampa. Are there any nice places close to the water where I could get to work in 15 minutes or less? I know its a lot of questions, but I am currently in Alaska and my only means for learning about the area, is through this forum. Thanks again everyone, you guys rule.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:39 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,358,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy907 View Post
I just found out today that my job will be located in Brandon. It looks like kind of a long drive from South Tampa. Are there any nice places close to the water where I could get to work in 15 minutes or less? I know its a lot of questions, but I am currently in Alaska and my only means for learning about the area, is through this forum. Thanks again everyone, you guys rule.
Davis Islands and Harbour Island(Post apertments and also lots of private condo rentals) should get you to Brandon in about 15-20 minutes using the Crosstown/Selmon Expsy. I think areas of Apollo Beach are about 15 minutes from Brandon, not sure what is waterfront in Apollo Beach though.

Although you will NOT find places close to the water, less than 15 minutes from Brandon and within $700.00 inthose areas(maybe Apollo Beach).

Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 PM

I really dont need to be on the beach.... I just want to find a quiet and safe area. What's the Brandon area like? Can you recommend any properties?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:43 AM

139 posts, read 475,503 times
Im renting a garage apartment for $500.00 a month. It's a little studio.
I need to be out of there by november. Ill split a place with someone decent in south tampa. I would just me me in a room

Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 AM

Thanks, but Im moving with my girlfriend and dog. I will be working in Brandon and want to live in close proximity to my work, so South Tampa is a little far. But thanks for the offer. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay