Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 16,837 times

Advertisements

We have two boys, 2 and 6, I am a pharmacist and my husband is a pilot. We are interested in an area with alot of culture and diversity, and of course a safe area with great schools. I looked up New Tampa schools under great schools.net and it seems that the schools are very good, but not much diversity, any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 02:38 PM

37 posts, read 104,510 times
Try West Tampa (lots of Hispanic population) or South Tampa, especially south of Gandy. Lots of diversity down there, from ultra rich to lower middle class, and everything in between. Its close to the military base, so there are lots of asian markets, and a variety of races and ethnic groups there.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:51 PM

792 posts, read 2,291,969 times
Southside in Saint Petersburg is very diverse.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:54 PM

36 posts, read 148,045 times
Seminole Heights
Actually most of Tampa is pretty diverse. Lots of good cuban food too.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:39 PM

15 posts, read 57,359 times
Seminole Height is very diverse. A really neat neighborhood.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:31 PM

8 posts, read 46,761 times
Thumbs up Terrace Park

I'm the secretary of the Civic Association and I've lived here for 10 years. It is a wonderful working class neighborhood where you find big and small houses, town homes and apartments. Residents here range from college professors & students to hospital workers and business owners. Since we are centrally located in Tampa, just west of Temple Terrace and south of the University of South Florida, our neighborhood is the most diverse I know in all of Tampa. We have Hispanic, Middle eastern, Italian, Jewish, Black and Asians who all live in our area, mostly because the university is close by as are most of the areas major hospitals (Moffit Cancer Center, UCH, Shrinersl Childrens and the VA). This is an area with moderately priced homes of all sizes and ages. We have an 18 acre City park (Takomah Trail), one of the largest science centers in the southeast (MOSI), Busch Gardens and Adventure Island right in our own neighborhood. The food is the best part, because of the diversity we have independent coffee shops, Mexican, Italian, Asian, Jamacian, Middle Eastern restaurants (& bakeries) all right here. OK, now I'm hungry! Our schools are Pizzo Elementry (on the USF campus), Greco Middle (serves Temple Terrace as well) and King HS (an International Baccalaureate school - my son just graduated with a full scholarship to Univ of Louisville). I hope you check us out. We have, like many other areas in Florida a lot of houses to choose from right now!

Old 10-19-2008, 10:00 AM

42 posts, read 147,169 times
Which parts of Tampa and surrounding areas ( within 30 Mins ) are still manly white?

Old 10-19-2008, 06:33 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9989 View Post
Which parts of Tampa and surrounding areas ( within 30 Mins ) are still manly white?
Mark, if you don't like diversity, I don't recommend moving to Tampa. Tampa, is and always has been a melting pot of cultures. You might want to go further up into the Panhandle.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:16 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Main white areas are Westshore, Westchase, Bayshore, Oldsmar, Channelside, mid-northern end of Carrollwood/Lake Magdaline, Citrus Park, Bayside, Indian Rocks Beach....

Places where you cannot live comfortably living "paycheck to paycheck." There are quite a few places in Tampa where diversity is a non-issue. You will have no problem finding mostly white areas here in Tampa. In my development where I live, there is one non-white family living here. No need to hike up into the Panhandle.

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 10-21-2008 at 05:27 PM..

Old 10-22-2008, 05:51 PM

944 posts, read 3,847,814 times
Quote:
Any of the Belleairs in Pinellas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay