U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 01:23 PM

8 posts, read 20,406 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the West Park village apartments?? Just wondering they look really nice with the shopes and all. How about the Highland Lakes townhouses???

thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 02:18 PM

3,928 posts, read 10,654,864 times
Both West Park Village and Highland Lakes are as nice up close in person as they look online.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 6,835 times
Default Don't Rent in West Park Village

[LEFT]My girlfriend is in town for the weekend but I am at work. The leasing office won't let her use the pool because she is a guest and I am not there to accompany her. All this after she filled out an application and paid a fee to secure a rental in a month. The leasing office is full of incompetent and unreasonable people.
I read the bad reviews about the leasing office before signing my lease, but thought the reviews were just from a few disgruntled residents. The facilities are really nice, but the attitude and policies of the leasing office totally mitigate any positives...don't waste your money with these unreasonable people.[/LEFT]

Old 08-04-2008, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 6,801 times
I live in Westchase Village. I plan on leaving as soon as my lease is up.

The bad points:
1. Parking is HORRIBLE!!!
2. Too dog friendly. Vey high population of dogs, and large dogs. Dogs are ok, but many owners don't pick up their dog's poop. And they let them run free in the central area and in the sidewalk fountain area. Kind of gross if parents with kids want to take their toddlers to play in the water spouts.
3. I agree with the complaints about the leasing agents in the office. The only thing they are competent at is taking your money.
4. Don't be late with the rent. If you are... you have to pay 75 late fee and it has to be money order or cashier check.
5. In the units, the air conditioner thermostats are not programmable; it would be more efficient if they were.
6. Bedrooms don't have lighting. And only the master bedroom and living room have ceiling fans.
7. Rent is high. For the amenities you get, I don't think it's worth it.

Good points:
1. Maintained well.
2. Nice pools and parks.
3. Concerts and movies in the central park area in the summer.
4. Restaurants and shops.
5. Close proximity to Citrus Mall.
6. Close to Clearwater beaches, Honeymoon Island, other Gulf Coast beaches.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 6,741 times
West Park Village has many good qualities, the surrounding area has many shops and a very visually pleasing feel.

HOWEVER, the many negatives I have experienced as a resident here would force me to beg a friend from remotely considering signing a contract with this place.

I agree with every comment from the people above, I also have my own opinion on why the extra bedrooms are without lighting. The half-dollar sized cockroaches that dwell in these apartments and scurry about throughout the night would be much more noticeable with the addition of bedroom lighting. Also, as stated above about the ridiculous rules of the leasing office regarding the pool; i completely concur. An individual known as "Jose', the security guard" is completely asinine. This individual believes harassing members of the complex is "doing his job." This individual also used the term "Fwod" towards my teenage son and his friend for simply being disgruntled over not being able to use the pool because they were not on the lease. The members of the leasing office are the most uneducated, incapable, and incompetent group of individuals i have ever seen in my life.

So if your thinking about renting here enough to read these forums, one simple word comes to mind.

NO

Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 5,747 times
i was renting there...walls are paper thin. i could hear my neighbors having sex, parties or just plain or watching TV.....i did not get any sleep the 12 months i was there...i also agree with the too pet friendly....parking is terrible....i had a terrible bug problem and the maintance team would never come to fix things!!! DO NOT RENT HERE!

Last edited by Keeper; 03-24-2009 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Sorry consumer complaints are not allowed per the Terms of Service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or