Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM

48 posts, read 127,639 times

Advertisements

Most of the reccomendations I've seen are for Carrollwood, New Tampa, Westchase, Brandon, etc but my husband and I made the drive down this weekend to explore and we absolutly loved the Hyde Park and surrounding areas. From what I saw online, the schools in the area are good. I'm just wondering why I haven't really seen the area reccomended on here.

We didn't get a chance to see Westchase, New Tampa and Tampa Palms were ok, Carrollwood was eh and Fishhawk Ranch scared the crap out of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Hyde Park is a great area for families (you should also check out Palm Ceia which borders it to the West). Many people avoid recommending it for the price point. As one of the most desirable areas in Tampa, home prices are alot higher than the more suburban communities you mentioned. Please by the house down the road from me. It's gorgeous and I hate seeing it sit empty

Old 07-21-2008, 02:05 PM

3 posts, read 13,510 times
How are the schools in this area? We're relocating to Tampa soon. I have a 3 year old in a Montessori school and would like to continue in the same atmosphere but I'm open to any higher learning center.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:03 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I agree with Angel.. if you can afford Palma Ceia that is a wonderful place to live.
You probably see a lot of folks recommending S. Tampa for renting or North of Gandy (NOG) or SOG. That area covers Hyde park to many other neighborhoods in S. Tampa. Houses are usually more expensive to rent because of the convenience of living there. Some ppl want newer homes and you won't find many in S. Tampa. I think that is why I like S. Tampa because the homes have character and a larger yard.

Schools are pretty good in most of the area.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,037 times
QUESTION RELATED TO HYDE PARK AREA FOR FAMILIES -- We are also considering a move to Hyde Park. From what I can tell, the home prices range from $500k-$2m. Is that about right and is there a big divide between the people who own $500k vs the multi million dollar homes? Does it feel awkward or is the community pretty tight? Any info on this area is very much appreciated!! We currently live in a very walkable community, everyone talks to one another, easy to meet people...just trying to get a sense of Hyde Park if there is anyone out there that lives in the neighborhood!!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 PM

72 posts, read 264,450 times
I live in Hyde Park right off of South Howard Ave. 10 minute walk from Bayshore drive. The area is extremely desirable to live in. To the topic creator - the reason why it probably wasn't recommended was because some reviewers might not view it as family friendly. Certain sections of the neighborhood definitely cater more to young professionals, rather than families, and the section of Hyde Park that I live in is one of the biggest party strips in Tampa. I, however, would say the neighborhood is great for raising kids. Crime is practically non-existant, and there are many kids living in my part of town enjoying life to the fullest. To CJFASH - I would not say 500k-2m is an accurate range. This neighborhood was hit by the housing market collapse VERY hard. My roomate bought our townhome for $750,000 at the peak of the market. Our nextdoor neighbor (who keeps his townhome MUCH more well kept than we do) just got his appraised a little while ago for .......DUN DUN DUN..... $450,000!!! These are 2000 square foot condos too! Me and my roomate went on a major walk through Hyde Park 2 months ago and we found homes for sale that were in the $300,000 dollar range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay