U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 07:03 AM

3 posts, read 11,219 times

Advertisements

I am just wondering if I could get some insight into some suburbs of tampa. We are coming down this weekend to see the area. I was thinking Land O Lakes, Brandon, Valrico, Riverview, Wesley Chapel, and Lutz. What are housing costs, school comparability, job opportunities, growth, crime rates etc. I would love any insight you guys might have! Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 08:14 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,284,923 times
I personally live in Brandon. I work at an apartment community as an assistant manager and do like it here. But choice suburb area would be Riverview though. There are a lot of nice, newer homes out there with great school zones. It's still not too far from Brandon or Tampa when you need to go shopping or want to go out. Valrico has older homes and I personally am not a fan of the area. There are newer homes out there, ofcourse, but I think it's too out of the way...

Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 AM

6 posts, read 25,087 times
I live in Land o Lakes. It is in Pasco County and right above hillsborough. Where I live I can get to 75 in a couple of minutes (exit 275) and right after I get on 75 is where 275 actually starts. If I go the other way from my house I can be on 41 or Dale Mabry in a matter of minutes. Dale Mabry will take me to the Veterans (airport in 25-30 minutes). Pasco county property taxes are lower than hillsborough. Housing is a less also. Coming from NJ (most people per square mile) I thought Brandon was just like it. Up here is growing like crazy, new schools, new construction, stores. And to me closer to everything. Right by is Wesley Chapel and part of Lutz is also in Pasco. Every school my child has gone to (k-7th) has been "A" rated. They also have a full time gifted program (which he is in) so if that was something you needed they do offer it here.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:41 PM

89 posts, read 321,065 times
I live in Odessa on the border of Pasco and Hillsborough off of 54. It's right next to the Suncoast with easy access to tampa and the airport. My daughter teaches in Wesley Chapel and takes 54 so it's convenient for her as well. I don't know what you do or where you'll be working but I hope this helps. The area I live is called Ivy Lake Estates.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:31 PM

23 posts, read 94,836 times
Oldsmar! you can't go wrong there. its right on the border of Tampa in Pinellas. 20 minutes to downtown Tampa, 20 minutes to Downtown St. Pete. Sandwiched right inbetween the Tampa border to the east, Palm Harbor to the West, Clearwater to the south, and Tarpon Spring to the North. And man are the bars and shopping centers growing in a hurry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay