Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 06:06 AM

648 posts, read 1,638,018 times

Advertisements

I am a single mother of 3 boys in Pinellas Park all under the age of 7. I have a 6 1/2, 5 and a 1 year old. Every time my kids get sick I have to take off work because I don't know anyone in the area that will take sick kids and I pretty much just don't know anyone..

Is there any place that takes sick kids or is there some kind of nanny service that is reputable and will come to my home?

Any kind of information will help..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 03:56 PM

I will look into it, thanks!

Just so hard to find a good trustworthy INEXPENSIVE!! babysitter.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:37 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,076,714 times
I know St. Joe's in Tampa use to offer sick day care at one time but it was not cheap. I think it was $50.00 a day, could be wrong about the price. I don't know if they still offer the service.

Good Luck..

Old 08-21-2008, 07:02 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,809,994 times
I hope not!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I know St. Joe's in Tampa use to offer sick day care at one time but it was not cheap. I think it was $50.00 a day, could be wrong about the price. I don't know if they still offer the service.

Good Luck..

Thank you for your response.. That actually isn't that bad when you think about it.. I would rather pay 50.00 than take the chance at losing my job.. to bad All Children's over here in st pete doesn't do something like that.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:10 AM

Just for anyone who has looked at this more recelty.. Morton plant has a great program called Rainbow Recovery. It is for sick kids and is 4.00 an hour.

Sick-Child Care Program

[SIZE=3]Rainbow Recovery: A Place For Sniffles ‘N Such[/SIZE]
When the kids are under the weather and you have to work, what's a parent to do? Rainbow Recovery is the answer.
Rainbow Recovery is a hospital-based, sick-child care program sponsored by Morton Plant Mease Health Care. The program is for children, ages 3 months to 14 years, who are too ill to attend regular daycare or school, and is open to Morton Plant Mease team members and the public At Rainbow Recovery, children receive plenty of TLC from a specially trained staff. The program follows strict infection control protocols. Medical attention can be obtained quickly in case of an emergency.
Reservations are required and are limited. Rainbow Recovery services are available for children with a variety of medical conditions, including:
  • Orthopedic injuries
  • Postoperative care or activity restriction
  • Urinary tract and ear infections
  • Asthma and respiratory infections
  • Gastroenteritis
  • Pinkeye and strep (must be on antibiotics for 24 hours)
  • Rashes (must be seen by a physician first)
  • Fever of 104 (must be seen by a physician)
[SIZE=3]To make a reservation[/SIZE]
To reserve a space for your child, call us and a nurse will conduct a telephone pre-screening to determine if your child needs to be seen by a physician prior to admission to the program.

For information about fees and hours and to make a reservation, call:
(727) 441-2878
Morton Plant Hospital Rainbow Recovery
607 Jeffords St.
Clearwater, FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay