U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2007, 10:17 AM

4 posts, read 14,648 times

Advertisements

My Family and I are moving to the St. Pete area within the next couple of months. Would like to know the best reasonable priced areas that we can raise horses and our kids. OR if there is any place to Rent with horses allowed.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 05:34 AM

49 posts, read 163,332 times
Default St. Pete and horses

I'm not really familiar with St. Pete except for a few trips we've made to All Children's but from what I do know, I don't know how easy it would be to find affordable property that you could have horses on.

I think you would have to look north at Pasco or Hernando County for more affordable large plots of land. Southern Hillsborough county might be an option(though someone else should answer that) for large plots of land.

Moderator cut: advertising not allowed
Good luck in your search!

Marya

Last edited by Keeper; 09-20-2007 at 06:53 PM..

Old 02-02-2007, 11:47 PM

598 posts, read 2,095,140 times
Very unlikely to find horse property in Pinellas at all... especially anything that large for an affordable price. This area is building up like crazy and any bit of land that size is being snatched up by developers. I can't even think of any decent stables left in the county. Most have been forced out by development and high taxes.

blitzpooch is right, Pasco, Hernando, Manatee or S. Hillsborough counties are probly your best bet. Actually right across the skyway bridge is alot of farm-type area but I haven't a clue what the prices are down that way. Good luck!

Old 02-03-2007, 05:10 AM

4 posts, read 14,648 times
Thanks all, I would take up your offer for your house but I know that we must have at least 3 acres as we have 9 horses.

Thanks again....

Old 02-03-2007, 12:09 PM

381 posts, read 1,581,549 times
Well, I have seen places with horses in St. Pete and Clearwater, but they're pretty scarce. Probably the further north you go in Pinellas county the more places there will be. Nothing very close to the water, though.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:46 PM

111 posts, read 561,417 times
I can't image having 9 horses on 3 acres! Sounds awful to do that to a horse! Try tennessee!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:03 PM

15,852 posts, read 33,215,946 times
You should really try the Ocala area - that is horse country.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:11 PM

97 posts, read 400,608 times
We are looking at homes in Beverly Hills. There is a big equestrian development there called Pine Ridge. It is all rolling hills, kinda reminds me of Virginia. It is 60 miles north of Tampa. They have 29 miles of trails, a stable, dressage ring, 3 riding rings and a outdoor course. You can have your horses at your property or board them.

I dont if you need to live closer to Tampa or not, but this place is fun to look at anyways. Here is there web site. http://pineridgeassn.com/

Old 02-09-2007, 07:05 PM

3 posts, read 8,116 times
Having lived in Pinellas county for 20 years I can tell you right now that you absolutely will not find what you are looking for property is just way too pricy for an endevour like that. I currently live in unincorporated Brooksville and many people have horses in this area. Its a fairly painless commute to Tampa from here and good rural property is still easy to find and no real expensive. Our last appraisal for 5 acres with a 1998 triple wide was 150,000. Im figuring that about 120 of that was the actual property. The property taxes for this year were 2900. It is also very easy to find good quality horse hay in the area which might be another major problem in pinellas county. Good luck to ya.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:05 PM

403 posts, read 1,471,366 times
Pinellas County is 70% urban/build out, the highest in the country, the density there is the highest in the state, so probably, you're not going to find much luck, the northern and southern parts of Hillsborough County are great places, nothing but wide open spaces and tracts of land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or