Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 10:13 PM

119 posts, read 524,751 times

Advertisements

Very glad I found this thread We have had some trouble finding a local dentist. Tampaguy03, I trust your opinions. My husband and I are looking for dentists that will not try to take advantage of us or scare us into buying stuff. We are looking for a good, honest dentist to clean our teeth and fill a cavity if we have one and nothing more. I had a bad experience with a hygenist using scare tactics to sell me products I later determined, via a simple Google search, were inappropriate. Then my husband ventured out for a cleaning and met a Werewolf who tried to sell him sealant, whitening, straightening and falsely diagnosed him with two cavities. Please help. South Tampa area or 20 mile radius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 12:40 PM

14 posts, read 49,313 times
I highly recommend Dr. Raulerson in Brandon. He is in an office with two other dentists...(Raulerson, Ruscin and Schreier) and my sister sees Dr. Schreier and loves him as well.

I take my older children to Dr Raulerson as well and he is GREAT with kids, but I take my younger kids to a pediatric dentist in New Tampa who is also the best. Dr. Duga.

I'm shocked that the poster above said that they only paid $100 for sedation. My 2 year old had to get a crown and I wanted her sedated for it and the only pediatric dentist I could find that did sedation charged me over $600.... just for the sedation ....(this was not any of the above dentists)

Old 09-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Thanks for the response, JBugz. I will travel to find a decent, honest dentist. Does Dr Raulerson have nice hygenists? My main criteria is that they will not try to sell me stuff.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:04 PM

Does anyone have recs in/around South Tampa? Although I would gladly travel to Brandon for an upright dentist. Thanks, B

Old 09-08-2010, 01:33 PM

150 posts, read 474,804 times
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I guess the only thing to do now is compare prices.

And, of course, get rid of my wisdom teeth.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:12 AM

9 posts, read 15,183 times
Default Any good dentist that accept Military MetLife and see both child and adult in Tampa area?

We just moved here recently and find it hard to get a good dentist that can see both kids and adult at the same location. Currently, living in Brandon area and been goggling online to find good ones but it seems like it is impossible. Reviews online of dentists that would accept MetLife military sounded really bad.
My 9 year old daughter had to go to one nearby dentist and her horrifying experience which caused her to be even more resistance to see any dentist! Please help. If you have good experience with dentist in Tampa or Brandon area please share your experience. Thanks!

Last edited by Jesusprincess; 01-28-2014 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: Wrong punctuation and needed to add more question

Old 01-29-2014, 09:47 PM

6 posts, read 7,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusprincess View Post
We just moved here recently and find it hard to get a good dentist that can see both kids and adult at the same location. Currently, living in Brandon area and been goggling online to find good ones but it seems like it is impossible. Reviews online of dentists that would accept MetLife military sounded really bad.
My 9 year old daughter had to go to one nearby dentist and her horrifying experience which caused her to be even more resistance to see any dentist! Please help. If you have good experience with dentist in Tampa or Brandon area please share your experience. Thanks!
I love treating kids to the point I thought of specializing in Pediatrics! I will definitely see kids when I start my practice in a few years. I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience. I hope that you and your daughter get great care. Unfortunately I can't recommend anyone now, but in a few months when i'm down there I'll meet a lot of the practitioners in the area.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:56 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,892,327 times
When it's about kids always go to a pediatric dentist.
If it's not too far try Dr. Cruz Ceino:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Happy...56621367687421

Old 01-30-2014, 09:29 AM

877 posts, read 1,912,515 times
I could not recommend Dr. Salamone in S. Tampa more highly. We moved to New Tampa but I still go to him because anytime I try to find a new dentist by me they try to rip me off. Cesar Salamone Dds Pa Dentist in Tampa, FL

Old 01-30-2014, 09:26 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Dr Salomone -he is my dentist and been going there for 7 yrs, he took care of my daughter in law one yr with a wisdom tooth w- no ins and gave a great rate,,, he is the best and now I'm moving away will miss him, and Carmen too,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay