Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2006, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 12,604 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on moving to the Tampa area soon, but I was wondering (since I have a 6 year old daughter) what is the best area to move to? Since she has to go to school (Elementary). I'm mostly looking out for her. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2006, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 12,601 times
Default South Tampa (Expensive), Carrollwood or Westchase

The best areas in Tampa are South Tampa which is just south west of Downtown. South Tampa is has mostly older homes and are generally smaller and more expensive. Carrollwood which is North Northwest of downtown (10 Miles) and is nicer and the home are 20-30 years old or Westchase which is West Northwest of downtown (10 Miles) and has newer homes. Another nice area is New Tampa which is mostly newer homes but has bad traffic.

Tampa has a lot of traffic congestion, so where you live should factor in where you work.

To see the school ratings and districts, go to this site.

http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/

Information Center

http://apps.sdhc.k12.fl.us/public/ma...tion/index.htm

Key Data and Ratings

http://apps.sdhc.k12.fl.us/public/ma...on/Keydata.asp

Old 06-01-2006, 02:36 PM

28 posts, read 205,879 times
Suggest you consider recently constructed homes which have the most up to date construction codes which are hurricane compliant, 20- 30 year old homes aren't. In addition, check out the local hurricane evacuation maps which indicate areas in mandatory evacuation zones. You don't want to have your house blown away or washed away by storm surge.

You can avoid surge and minimize wind risk by doing some homework and locating in the right area in a newer home. In addition, homeowners insurance will be less expensive, and most likely available, for newer homes away from the bay.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:33 AM

110 posts, read 689,211 times
Yes, we had a new home in Land O Lakes and had no problems whatsoever with hurricanes. It was built up-to-code and away from the brunt of it all. We didn't even lose our power.

- R&K

Old 05-24-2009, 02:03 AM

3 posts, read 20,284 times
Me and my wife are from Chicago We are saved and love all people, but Chicago don't get respect our President is from Chicago I hope when we move to Tampa that the New Yorkers give us from
Chicago respect New York and L.A. has more people then Chicago but, Chicago has more murders then both them cities, that is why me and my wife want to move to Tampa to start over get a new life I know Florida Has New Yorkers, from the East Cost but me and my wife From Chicago want a new life also. Chicago has the tallest buildings In America, We want Jesus In our life!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 02:32 AM

3 posts, read 20,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Gast View Post
Me and my wife are from Chicago We are saved and love all people, but Chicago don't get respect our President is from Chicago I hope when we move to Tampa that the New Yorkers give us from
Chicago respect New York and L.A. has more people then Chicago but, Chicago has more murders then both them cities, that is why me and my wife want to move to Tampa to start over get a new life I know Florida Has New Yorkers, from the East Cost but me and my wife From Chicago want a new life also. Chicago has the tallest buildings In America, We want Jesus In our life!!!
People don't give our home city respect but Chicago is the best city in America We love NY Yorkers But Come To Chicago to get reality Chicago is the roughest city in America, that's the truth we have the four tallest building in America The Trump Building is 92 stories the 2nd tallest in America second to the Sears tower 115 stories, buildings to the sky!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 01:51 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Not only does the post not make any sense( I read it twice) but the grammar leaves something to be desired.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 9,359 times
Default moving to tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Not only does the post not make any sense( I read it twice) but the grammar leaves something to be desired.

i agree. That post made little sense and the english had a lot to be desired.
the original person asked a question about where to relocate in the Tampa area. One of the responses noted all the nice areas in tampa (proper) but they are fairly expensive. There is a place called Plant City about 10-15 miles east. It is a straight shot on I-4 for commuters to downtown tampa. Plant city includes Walden lake subdivision as a good affordable place to live and the regular suspects as far as shopping. real estate prices are holding a little better than they are in the waaaaay overcrowded Brandon area. Taxes are a little less in plant city because they control the building. it is an incorporated city with a good police dept. (you dont have to depend on the "sheriff" as in New Tampa area).
Plant city is quiet. the only downfall is if you want to go out to dinner you pretty much have to drive somewhere else. it is a good place to live but not much excitement.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 6,700 times
Yes Plant City I agree is nice, so is Brandon which I dont agree is over crowded and it has everything you need right at you back door, I would also check out Valrico, Sefner, and Riverview All of these towns are nice. If you need any help I am Realtor specializing in New Home Sales and you wouldnt believe the deals that the new home builders are offering. You can Contact me at 813-410-6661.
Doug Black

Old 10-17-2010, 02:49 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving to Tampa? View Post
Yes Plant City I agree is nice, so is Brandon which I dont agree is over crowded and it has everything you need right at you back door, I would also check out Valrico, Sefner, and Riverview All of these towns are nice. If you need any help I am Realtor specializing in New Home Sales and you wouldnt believe the deals that the new home builders are offering. You can Contact me at 813-410-6661.
Doug Black
That post is so old!! You talk as if she/he posted it today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay