Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2007, 06:08 PM

22 posts, read 103,793 times

Advertisements

My job at a major U.S. bank is being relocated from NYC to Tampa Florida at the end of 2007. I am thinking about making the move to Tampa with my Bullmastiff and have already browsed some of the Tampa properties listing. Land O Lake especially by the Lake Saxon seems to be an ideal choice. According to Map Quest the commute to the office in Highland Manor Drive is about 30 minutes. Unfortunately I cannot find too much information on Lake Saxon and it 34639 zip code vicinities other than the houses in the area are expensive. Has anyone lived around the Land O Lake and would like to share his/her opinion? Would my dog be relatively safe from the indigenous wild life, alligator and snakes? Are the nearby lakes clean enough for fishing? Would it be more humid living by a lake? Do I need to worry about sink hole? How expensive is the property tax and home insurance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 10:44 PM

5 posts, read 19,038 times
wow thats gonna be a huge change from nyc! land o lakes is pretty much out there in the boon docks! all over fl is really humid no matter where you live! unless you live right on a lake i wouldnt be too concerned about gator attacts. bullmastiff, thats an awesome dog. im sure it can totally handle its own as far as animals around here go! just be sure to get him some good flea control before you come!and as far as taxes and insurance. get ready to pay big bucks for them! hope i helped ya a little bit.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:24 AM

27 posts, read 210,562 times
I'm surprised you would want to go from the city to the boonies. You can get a very rough insurance est. here: http://www.floridatoday.com/graphics/insurance/New_web_map_3/index.html (broken link)

And you can estimate property taxes by going to the county property appraisers website.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:54 PM

22 posts, read 103,793 times
I don't mind living in the boonies by the lake. It will be like living in a vacation home. What really get me is how expensive property tax and home owner insurance is compare to Brooklyn NY. My property tax in Brooklyn is about $1000 less compare to a property in Land O Lake of comparable value. It seems to hold true for the home owner insurance as well. Dade city is the only place that I found where the property tax is cheap. I saw a listing for a Victorian house built in 1992 sitting on 10.2 acre. There is also a detached 3 car garage and a horse barn. The 45 minutes commute to Tampa might be doable. What do you do with 10.2 acre of land?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay