Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:34 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,698,579 times

Advertisements

I am expecting a baby in Nov. and will be delivering at St. Jo's Women's Hospital (I refused to deliver at Brandon). I have heard a lot of good things about this hospital, but I would to hear more about the hospital and staff. Any reviews would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 06:31 AM

127 posts, read 427,379 times
My wife gave birth there 2 years ago. We have nothing but great things to say about St Joe's Womens - the facilities are immaculate and every nurse that we came into contact with was awesome.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:38 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,187,952 times
I don't think you will be disappointed going to St. Joes. I too have heard nothing but glowing reports. I don't know if they still do this but they use to give you a special dinner for you and hubby your last night, knowing you probably won't have many special dinners for a while once you go home.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 AM

That's really awesome. I have never heard of a place doing that before. I will look into it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I don't think you will be disappointed going to St. Joes. I too have heard nothing but glowing reports. I don't know if they still do this but they use to give you a special dinner for you and hubby your last night, knowing you probably won't have many special dinners for a while once you go home.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM

127 posts, read 427,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
We never actually received that but we had a great experience just the same

Old 08-27-2008, 05:15 PM

68 posts, read 215,292 times
I had my daughter and my twins at St. Josephs. It was a wonderful experience. The nurses were very attentive and kind. Some of the rooms were 'older' but they have expanded and re-modeled much of the facility. I would highly recommend St. Joes.

ftr, my kids use St. Joe's Pediatric as well.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:12 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,901,337 times
One of the reasons we moved here was so my husband could take a physician position at St. Joseph's. He has worked in hospitals all over the country (and world) and has nothing but good things to say about St Joes, his fellow docs, and his staff.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:32 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,711,599 times
Both of my daughters were born at St. Joe's Women's Hospital. I highly recommend it especially since it is a "women's" hospital. I also agree the nurses were very attentive, caring and professional. They were superb! With both daughters' births, I went through about three shifts of nurses. Just when I grew attached to one nurse, she would end her shift and another one would start. The next was just as personable as the previous. How many people can say that??? Of course, I wasn't a cranky patient either. I didn't take my labor pains out on anyone.

I especially loved the women's store in the lobby. The lady working there when I went for the breast pump was so knowledgeable and patient when explaining how to use it. All the tubes had me a bit confused.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:05 PM

428 posts, read 1,630,550 times
As a physician who has also been a patient there several times, I will vouch for St Joe's Womens. I always received excellent care. Might be dicey if you're looking to do IVF or something like that. Not sure about their policy considering they are a Catholic hospital.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 AM

I didn't know that. I am Catholic so it's making this hospital sound better! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart271 View Post
As a physician who has also been a patient there several times, I will vouch for St Joe's Womens. I always received excellent care. Might be dicey if you're looking to do IVF or something like that. Not sure about their policy considering they are a Catholic hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay