U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 PM

9 posts, read 17,412 times

Advertisements

I live in the Pocono's, PA. I am 26 years old. Ever since I graduated high school I have had a love for Florida, have only visited, and loved it every time I did. I need to move away from where I am now, bad atmosphere for me, and I am bored with it here. I grew up here. (Its too cold here, I need sunshine and beaches) I was highly considering Sarasota last year, and the plans fell through. Recently in the last 2 months a good friend of mine moved to Apollo Beach, and says I'll love it down there. I am selling my car, b/c it is a big trip and I'd rather the money than problems with transportation to and from, and insurance. So I need an apartment that is either walking distance, or bus, or taxi distance. (I guess a more populated area) I plan on serving to get my foot in the door somewhere.

So I guess my questions are:
1. Is there apartments walking distance to fine dining establishments, in downtown Tampa?
2. How is the nightlife for a single 26 year old female?
3. Is there beaches in Tampa?
4. Would Apollo Beach be an area with decent money for $700/mo apartment, with in walking distance to restaurants?

I would love to see myself in Florida with in the next 4 months.

Just curious what area would be the best for a person with no transportation of their own, and can only afford an apartment around $700/mo, but close enough to enjoy beaches, and night life.

So many questions, just need some answers. Please help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 06:21 AM

102 posts, read 313,040 times
You might want to post these questions on the Florida (Tampa) site. I think you would get the info you are looking for.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:27 AM

826 posts, read 2,620,962 times
Most apartments in areas like you dscribed would run $800-$1000 a month. $700 takes you off the beaten path and not close to places that may hold interest for you.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:34 AM

1,824 posts, read 7,769,634 times
1. Is there apartments walking distance to fine dining establishments, in downtown Tampa? Yes, but the are PRICEY(Harbour Island, Channelside, Hyde Park, Davis Islands)
2. How is the nightlife for a single 26 year old female? Good, a little bit of something for everyone - nightlife centers in Tampa are Bay Street at Intl Plaza, Channelside/downtown, Hyde Park/SOHO area, Ybor City, and pocket neighborhoods around South Tampa.
3. Is there beaches in Tampa? Bay beaches(like a HUGE lake), not as nice as the Gulf beaches which are about 30 minutes west of Tampa.
4. Would Apollo Beach be an area with decent money for $700/mo apartment, with in walking distance to restaurants? No, it is suburbia, minimal transportation(you would NEED a car)..you could find an apartment there for $700, but it probably wont be walking distance to much.

If you are seriously considering Tampa, and have an apartment under $700/month I would look at South Tampa areas, you will find aprtments in craigslist.com, tbo.com throughout South Tampa(The Cove for example), or private condos/townehomes. But if its beaches you want , you would need to look over in Pinellas County.

Will you have a job when you get here?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 AM

Thank you so much for the replys.

If I moved to apollo beach i have a job lined up, but i was concerned about not being near much, w/o transportation. So that is why I was thinking more on the lines near downtown tampa, figuring there would be taxi's busses, and more of a night life.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:21 AM

Sorry, and no not in Tampa, I do not have anything lined up. I'm a server, so I figure once I find a decent place, I'd be able to walk to something to find out about employment.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemwags View Post
Thank you so much for the replys.

If I moved to apollo beach i have a job lined up, but i was concerned about not being near much, w/o transportation. So that is why I was thinking more on the lines near downtown tampa, figuring there would be taxi's busses, and more of a night life.
IN immediate downtown Tampa(where the tall buildings are), there is not much residential(about 1000 people actually live in downtown proper), it is more of a business district, lively and busy by day, quiet in the eveings. Its the areas just ourside of downtown like Harbour Island, Channelside, Ybor City, Hyde Park, Davis Islands(which are all less than a mile from downtown proper) where most people reside. Hit up craigslist.com for tampa apts, and put a max figure of $700 in for South Tampa. There are three major bus lines in South Tampa(the 4, 89 and 19 on hartline.org), and cabs are quick phone call away. On weekend nights they are usually driving all around South Tampa and stationed in areas like Ybor City, Channelside and S Howard Ave.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:35 AM

Thank you so much Tampaguy03. I have been on craigslist.org, actually just about everyday. but was not sure about the area and the surrounding areas. hence the reason i ended up finding this site. which is a really cool site. happy i found it.

So would you know about how far Ybor city and channelside are from Apollo beach?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemwags View Post
So would you know about how far Ybor city and channelside are from Apollo beach?
About 20-25 minutes. Interstate 75 to the Crosstown/Selmon Expsy.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:55 AM

119 posts, read 491,974 times
You can live in desirable places if you found a roommate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or