Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:21 PM

33 posts, read 104,789 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are thinking of relocating to Tampa from Cape Coral. We met with a realtor and drove from Hudson to St. Pete. The areas we found we liked were Lutz, Tarpon Springs, and Palm Harbour. We didn't like Hudson, St. Pete, or Clearwater. We don't want anything overcrowded or rundown. We don't want a new subdivision with all the same looking houses with too many regulations. We would like a nice community where you have a 1/2 acre or more, clean neighborhood, a homeowners assoc. is fine but not the overbearing type with ridiculous fees. We'd like to either have water access or be nearby a boat ramp and if we can't have a dock we need to have room on our property to store a boat. We need good schools, low crime, and are in the $225-$285k range for either a 3/2/2 or 4/2/2. We found a few in Lutz that were 'close' to our liking but not the right house yet. I know there are other areas like this but can't locate them from 2-3 hours away and our realtor doesn't seem to be listening to what we want in a neighborhood and/or house. I work from home and my husband currently works as a Tug Captain but goes away for work a month at a time but would want to be in commute distance of the port for future employment. We're looking to buy in the next month or so. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 06:35 AM

101 posts, read 427,552 times
You need good schools and low crime??

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:09 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
Check out Land O Lakes or Odessa also. You can find a house with big lots in both of these areas that are not cookie cutter homes.

We have some good realtors who are members of this forum. If your realtor isn't working for you, fire them. There are too many who would be happy to help you.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:44 AM

Everytime I have worked with a Realtor is seems I do more work than they do. It's very discouraging. I'm sure there are excellent ones out there, I have just never found them. I'll look into those areas, thanks for the suggestions.

As for crime and good schools...all cities have crime. I also know it is better/worse in particular areas. I'm looking for a relatively safe and family oriented area. Same with schools, which areas have a stronger system?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,077 times
Are you still looking for a home to purchase in the area? Or is this post old. Moderator cut: ..

Last edited by Keeper; 09-02-2008 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: send DM with house info

Old 09-02-2008, 11:57 AM

This post is new. We are looking to buy, my description is in the original post. I did find your home but most likely not looking for a brand new home as they don't have the character we are looking for. I'm looking for more of a natural setting for the community.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,231 times
Why not rent for a year. Until you figure out where you want to purchase.
[mod].. [/mod]

Last edited by Keeper; 09-02-2008 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: send DM with info on condo

Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM

Hi, I'll keep it in mind but we want to get moved in soon. I'm due in March and don't really want to be moving afterwards.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
Please do not post houses for sale or rent in the forum. You may send a DM with the info if the OP is asking about either a house for sale or rent.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:09 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
Since you searched the North and West Tampa Bay area, maybe you should also look in Southshore (around Brandon, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Ruskin, Riverview, Gibstonton...maybe even as far south as Parrish, too). Honestly though, finding a place near the port with that much acreage and in your price range is going to be a real stretch. Also, I'd guess you're looking for a late 70s and newer (cookie cutter) build just to get the two-car garage. Sorry to say you may have to decide what's most important and what you are willing to give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay