U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 PM

180 posts, read 736,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
HUH????

You just gave 2 months of data........TWO MONTHS.

Let's see the data for the past THREE YEARS.

I doubt seriously the market has hit bottom.

As we speak, the DOW is pushing to go under 11000, down 200 pts on the day..........the economy is in dire straits.
Tampa, Florida metro area MLS Housing Market Inventory Trend Analysis

and

HousingTracker.net: Collecting, Interpreting and Disseminating Real Estate Data

As you can see, housing prices have leveled out over the past 2-3 months. Additionally, inventory has slowly came down over the past year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 PM

159 posts, read 420,423 times
I cannot believe anyone would want to move to Tampa after being educated about all of the problems. Low pay, no jobs, red tide ruins the beaches, unfriendly people, crime, too expensive, on and on. Can't figure out what the attraction is. There's nothing there.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,488,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia1113 View Post
I cannot believe anyone would want to move to Tampa after being educated about all of the problems. Low pay, no jobs, red tide ruins the beaches, unfriendly people, crime, too expensive, on and on. Can't figure out what the attraction is. There's nothing there.
I don't know why anyone would want to move to Atlanta after being educated about all of the problems. Low pay, no jobs, landlocked, close minded people who smile at you then stab your back, more crime, too expensive to live intown if you don't want to sit in hours and hours of traffic on the way to work, pollution, poor schools, corruption, uncontrolled growth, state income tax. Can't figure out what the attraction is. There's nothing there.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:22 PM

I know because I moved there twice. And moved away for good.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:25 PM

I don't know where you lived in Atlanta, but I live 10 miles from downtown in Mableton, beautiful, not crowded, safe, friendly people, and there are jobs in Atlanta. Some areas have crime and believe it or not, some areas are very safe. I know where to live and I live close in. Atlanta is a major city with lots to do. Sorry you didn't figure it out.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 PM

Couldn't you type your own message? You copied mine. Couldn't figure that out either.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Sorry you didn't figure it out.
That was kind of rude.

Quote:
Couldn't you type your own message? You copied mine. Couldn't figure that out either.
Really? Your messages read like a template, that's why I copied it. It's all blanket statements with no proof or substance.

I don't know where you think has no crime either. There is TONS of crime in Mableton for the kind of area it is, probably right before your very blind eyes. I also stayed in Lawrenceville for a month and had my car burglarized. After coming home from downtown in tears because of the traffic, I said no thanks. I live in Weston, FL, which I grantee you has less crime compared to anywhere within an hour of Atlanta. Believe it or not, some areas in Florida are very safe too .

Old 09-04-2008, 07:35 PM

I know every city has crime, but Florida seems to have more than most places. I was born in Tampa and tried to live there twice. I actually have always loved Florida, but it has changed so much. Don't know how familiar you are with Mableton but it's being revitalized in a big way, lots of new homes being built. I live in a fairly new subdivision, its beautiful and the people around here are very friendly. I will admit that if someone moves here and does not know the city it could be difficult. But I have lived here a long time and I know what's going on here. I'm afraid Florida is in for some very hard times and I wouldn't want to go through it.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I know every city has crime, but Florida seems to have more than most places. I was born in Tampa and tried to live there twice. I actually have always loved Florida, but it has changed so much. Don't know how familiar you are with Mableton but it's being revitalized in a big way, lots of new homes being built. I live in a fairly new subdivision, its beautiful and the people around here are very friendly. I will admit that if someone moves here and does not know the city it could be difficult. But I have lived here a long time and I know what's going on here. I'm afraid Florida is in for some very hard times and I wouldn't want to go through it.
Point well taken. I have been to Mableton a couple of times, to me it was kind of run down, "quasi" ghetto, but your right it seemed to be changing. I'm mostly familiar with Gwinnett and some intown areas and I kind of know Cobb and north Fulton. I know nothing about the south side of Atlanta.

Anyway, thanks for the less blanket-statementy reply, point very well taken.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 PM

Just wanted to say that Mableton is not on the south side of Atlanta , it connects to Smyrna. Yes, it was run down but things are happening fast. I think because it is so close to town, with gas prices being so high, a lot of people are investing in this area. The bad areas are being redeveloped and are disappearing. Atlanta has very good roads and I must say that in my day-to-day traveling around, I don't see much traffic. I don't have to use the expressways. Traffic is bad in some areas but not all of the areas of Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay