Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 02:23 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshantaeG View Post
I have tried Craigslist and rec'd some ODD emails from weird people. A lot of the prop's seemed like they had pics stolen from TBO and when they replied to my email they were all diff emails from ppl telling me that they are now living in Africa or Europe, etc...because of job relocation and wanted my personal info, along with 500-1000 dollars mailed to them in order to rec the keys and paperwork for the home!!! I was like - are you kidding!? SO, I don't think Craigslist is somewhere that I want to look for housing, especially since I am not into the Tampa area right now. I will look on the websites that were requested and see what I can find. I just wanted to get some appts lined up and drive down and see as much as I can...I appreciate everyone's input

I live in Atlanta right now, and my family lives in PA...we are all looking for a 4 bed, 3 bath house to rent until we get settled into and area that we would like to buy. I have seen some beautiful houses online for rent 1200-2000/mo...that is reasonable for us.

I advertised on many websites and Graigslist aswell. I don't recall from which websites I received the European and Africa. b.s. emails, but I just replied that they have to send a money order as well as their visa paper copies, phone numbers from the company they work for and first month, last month and double month rent as security deposit...and they can only move in when the check has been cleared, not when it is posted on my account since it can take up to 14 days or maybe longer for a check to bounce.....it only cost me a few min. to write that and guess what.....you never hear back again..., but i also did find very honest good tenants using the same websites....you just have to be smarter than the scum bags out there.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 06:57 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
For rental property, you absolutely have to do as much research as possible on the owner's financial stability. In several cases, unsuspecting tenants are finding themselves homeless to a foreclosure. It is especially difficult for desperate owners who bought investment property at the up side of the market. There are both good and bad landlords.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:59 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
As like anything in life, if it sounds too good, it is probable something else that makes the price so low. You pay mostly for what you get.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: