Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:15 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,063,783 times

Advertisements

I always heard gates won't keep out anyone who wants to get in, although it may slow them down a bit.

If it were me as a single woman, I would rather have an intrusion alarm than a gated entrance. I have heard of places where the gates don't work or are broken and not fixed for weeks.

Of course, Having both would be the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 05:52 PM

362 posts, read 1,714,332 times
I've lived in gated and ungated places. They do tend to keep out the easily deterred, but those determined to get in will...usually simply by waiting for someone else to come or go and slipping in behind them...or by those places that have gates but never actually close them. My Glock...now that makes me feel nice and safe.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,680,593 times
You can get gated anywhere in this area with intrusion alarms in the apartments. Don't let the gates fool you though, an apartment community may be "gated access" however it is never "security gates." Someone can easily follow behond a resident, it happens ALL the time. It is also easy to break them. However, it is nice to have them because some theives would rather not bother. Instrusion alarms are nice, nice to have it hooked up to ADT or Brinks and so forth. Well worth it. Most likely if you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor you may not need them though. Most break ins occur on the 1st floor

*I am an assistant property manager in Brandon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaborn1 View Post
So...are you telling me gated is the way to go? Or...is that only in Brandon? From what I can see some apartments have intrusion alarms instead of being gated. Preference?

Last edited by mquintana; 09-05-2008 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: added more info

Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,626,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post

I would definetly not consider Largo.......many of the residents there claim they live in Larghetto.......I agree.
Ditto that on Largo.

Never been crazy about the Brandon area. It's a matter of preference, I guess.

Very South end of Carrollwood, near Dale Mabry and Waters is best to avoid as well. Trash is moving quickly into those areas and that is in the price range you are looking for. There are a couple condo areas (one used to be great) - but that one formerly NICE complex started renting out their units for very cheap cause they are not selling their units - attracting all sorts of ick. It's a gated community. I used to live there for 2 months and broke my lease as soon as I saw trash unloading their Uhauls (and paying $200 less a month than I was) - headed immediately to South Tampa/Westshore where I'm now happy-happy. Paying a lot more than I used to, but worth it.

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 09-06-2008 at 01:27 PM..

Old 09-07-2008, 03:16 AM

100 posts, read 189,861 times
Tampa Palms is a nice area to be in.Brandon is OK as well but do not move anywhere close to Brandon mall because the crime there is pathetic.
Tampa is such a backwards place but if you must live there please choose wisely because you may move next to a crack head with 5 kids and six brothers knocking on your door at 3 in the morning asking to borrow some sugar and some lemon juice.

The apartment I moved into in Brandon started off looking like the Jefferson's and ended up looking like Good Times and it was not Dy-no-mite!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 PM

12 posts, read 28,013 times
There was only 1 apt. complex I will look at actually IN Brandon, Brookside Manor, it is 3404 Magenta Way they advertise close to Westfield Im assuming thats the mall and I should stay away?! The other 4 Im interested in are in Riverview good/bad? People have suggested S. Tampa but I didnt find much right around the $900 range most wayyy over $1000 is that worth it or not?!?

Old 09-08-2008, 01:40 PM

Oh....1 more thing, recommendations for S. Tampa would be great actual names of apartment complexes thank you in advance.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,680,593 times
I would stick with other communities in Brandon. There really isn't anything in Riverview other than houses.
Good properties in Brandon with price ranges and gated with intrusion alarms...
Lucerne, Courtney Trace (may have specials, but usually a little pricey), Asprey, Hamlin at Lake Brandon, and The Addison (may have specials, but usually a little pricey). All are close to The mall. I actually lived in Lucerne and Hamlin and really enjoyed both places. Not only that but I am an assistant manager for an apartment community and would recommend them. PM me if you want more info on them, I can even send you to the right person to speak to.

Quote:
There was only 1 apt. complex I will look at actually IN Brandon, Brookside Manor, it is 3404 Magenta Way they advertise close to Westfield Im assuming thats the mall and I should stay away?! The other 4 Im interested in are in Riverview good/bad? People have suggested S. Tampa but I didnt find much right around the $900 range most wayyy over $1000 is that worth it or not?!?

Old 09-08-2008, 04:47 PM

100 posts, read 189,861 times
Quote:

Yes please take it from me,stay away from the Brandon mall area.I hate to see people move somewhere and be stuck in a lease and not be warned ahead of time.That area is terrible.
I know Tampa like the back of my hand so if you list all your possible choices I can give you my unbiased opinion on the places you might want to go.Just trying to help.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 PM

Default Choices...

Huey P
Ok, here are my choices maybe you can help. Brandon: Allegro Palm and Springs at Bloomingdale - actually think these are Riverview.

NE Tampa: Andover Place, Jade@Tampa Palms, Marquis of Tampa Palms, Portofino & Vinings@Hunter Green

Clearwater: Egrets Landing & Mainstreet Apts.

St Pete/Gateway: The Coves of Brighton Bay

South Tampa: Arbour Ponds & Lighthouse Bay...have to call on a few more..

If you can help that would be fabulous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay