Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 11:03 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlat View Post
Spring Hill is nice, but it is an oasis, almost gated with the split Stone Wall on either side of the entrance to the town, almost as a demilitarized zone or safe haven. With the new construction of that Highway next to 19 to the West (I forgot it's name) more land for homes has been replaced by concrete and the smell of CO2 and car crashes and sirens.
Almost gated? Demilitarized? Safe Haven?

Are you people freaking serious?

I see it in many posts, the superfluous descriptions, the exaggerations, etc. This is on both the pro and con posts but really do you not see entrances to towns like this everywhere through out the U.S.?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 11:23 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
What "conditions" are you referring to?

Advertising car washes for a fund raiser is a problem? I've seen it done in Connetticut in very well off areas.

Please describe these "conditions" north of the Country(sic) Line as I must be on another planet.

Spring Hill an Oasis? It is a planned development that was put between
the Weeki Wachee Preserve and to the east of Brooksville the Witalachoochee Forest. North of Spring Hill are forests, woods, preserves, natural settings, farms. Brooksville has been there since the mid 1800's.

What is it that you people are looking for that you are not finding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlat View Post
I've lived near Tarpon Springs between 2003-2006 during work related projects. I rented and traveled up and down the roads, especially US 1 and FL 19, daily and on weekends when I had time off to enjoy Florida and local events.

I won't get into the bikini wearing, hot pants, scantly clad high school girls on the corners advertising car washes because I truly enjoyed that, but that itself is an issue referenced in other posts regarding the overall conditions.

I can agree with the posters who negatively comment about conditions north of the Country line, to a point short of Brooksville - still further north in another county.

Spring Hill is nice, but it is an oasis, almost gated with the split Stone Wall on either side of the entrance to the town, almost as a demilitarized zone or safe haven. With the new construction of that Highway next to 19 to the West (I forgot it's name) more land for homes has been replaced by concrete and the smell of CO2 and car crashes and sirens.

I have to agree with the negative views more than the positive and say there really is no localized area to avoid, it is pretty much the status quo north of Pinellas County.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:25 AM

I wonder what these people who find the area repulsive expect to have.

I always ask where they would find attractive and they never answer.

That to me means that they would be unhappy anywhere the lived due to their personal life situations.

I have never seen such exaggerations in all my days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post

I see it in many posts, the superfluous descriptions, the exaggerations, etc. This is on both the pro and con posts but really do you not see entrances to towns like this everywhere through out the U.S.?

Old 03-16-2010, 12:59 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post

That really is a pretty entrance.It's to bad it smells like a sewer around there. It's disgusting.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:15 PM

46 posts, read 126,649 times
you people are insane... all you do is bash the area yet you still live there. So maybe you are the low life rednecks that live there, that you are refering too. where i live now i dont like much, but i dont sit there and bash it. (I live in SC) You take what you have and make the best of it. Kids have car washes all the time so why are you bashing them, they are trying to raise some money that the schools wont cover.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:31 PM

Nice to see input from a distant party. That is the hobby here apparently. Seems there are a lot of miserable unhappy people in Spring Hill and FL in general. The thing is they never explain themselves, they only bash. Always wondered what they are looking for that is missing in their lives in FL.

Who moves to FL and complains about the heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trein444 View Post
you people are insane... all you do is bash the area yet you still live there. So maybe you are the low life rednecks that live there, that you are refering too. where i live now i dont like much, but i dont sit there and bash it. (I live in SC) You take what you have and make the best of it. Kids have car washes all the time so why are you bashing them, they are trying to raise some money that the schools wont cover.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:14 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Right here...

"Everything you say is dead on to a tee. Port richey and most of west Pasco is nothing but low life inbred red neck trash, just about every other house has a drug dealer dealing, tons of empty little shoebox homes sit and sit and can't even sell for $20k.

I got greedy in 04 and moved on the gulf in west Pasco and bought many homes to resell when home prices went thru the roof. Now i'm stuck in a house that i can't even sell at a 400k loss from 05."

Maybe I mis construed your orignal post.

Like Songbird42 I don't know what I am missing. Perhaps I don't see this drug dealing, tons of emplty homes, etc. Did anyone consider
a: The U.S. is in a depression b: Greedy investors drove the prices of $80k homes to $200k. c: Florida isn't much different that the rest of the country except we do have a lot of old folks and those who thought they could make a life picking up sea shells on the beach while wheeling and dealing in real estate.

And of course, the big question: Why did you come to FL in the first place or if you are a native what is keeping you here?

All tied up in real estate?
I am just tied up in the home i live in. I was born in Tampa and lived in Danashores for 41 years. What a huge difference moving to Port Ritchey.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I am at Godfrey/Spring Hill Drive. I have no idea where you are, but it has to be an area that I've never been in because I do not see the conditions you describe where I live nor where any of my friends live. In my immediate are There are 2 or 3 out foreclosures out of dozens of homes.
A few are for sale. That is not "every other house". People steal copper from a/c units due to the value. Just like they stripped the apartment buildings in the Bronx in the 1960s and 70s. Squatters?
Where do you KNOW of this happening in Hernando County?

Paradise is in the eye of the beholder. Paradise is the perception of peace, tranquility and stableness and quality of life for the individual.
I've been in FL 22 years. Never had a day of complaint about any of it.

Are all the people who live in FL the best that we could hope for?
No, certainly not. But there is no place on the planet where everything is perfect for everyone.

My point on this is if it is so distasteful to a person that person needs to take the losses (if any) and move on. Life is too short to be in a place where one just can't stand it. Where they find fault with everything in their daiily lives and everything from the time the sun rises to the fact that it gets hot (Its Florida!) and to complain about everybody being this or that.

It's amazing to me how I am apparently blind as a bat to all these conditions and I am out and about Spring Hill daily.
Spring hill is a horse of a different color compared to Port Richey, when it comes to the people anyway.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
That sure is a lot of geographical area that sounds like some hellish place where there is no law & order is one giant slum. I find your view beyond ridiculous.
Spend about 6 years down my way and maybe you will wake up.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Yeah, that would be a difference. Two different types of place.

But it certainly does not measure up to your description. Either that or I am blind to all this because when I am out and about I see nice tree lined streets, smooth roads (except for a few truck ruts here and there), rows and rows of nice homes, with the ocassional FOR SALE or empty home which may or may not be in foreclosure, clean modern stores, friendly people who nod and say hello, drivers, some who could be better, but mostly skilled careful drivers. I say that because how many smashed up automobiles do you actually see driving on the road? I do see the "homeless" with their signs at the intersections along 19 and as far as I know panhandling is legal in Pasco. Not so sure about Hernando though.
Pandhandling. The country is in a depression. Back during the great depression in the 30's guys were selling apples, pencils. Anything to make a few cents. Today its just "help me". Such young men too. A shame.

The world is made up of a lot of different people from a lot of different places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I am just tied up in the home i live in. I was born in Tampa and lived in Danashores for 41 years. What a huge difference moving to Port Ritchey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay