U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2008, 11:29 AM

16 posts, read 47,660 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I have been reading for a while and ya'll are a great source of info. I am planning a move to St. Pete area but it will take me a while to get the money together. In the mean time I want to plan a trip down there to check some more things out (beaches :-), neighborhoods, etc) and the more I save on this trip the faster I get there perminantely.

SO, I found a bunch of cheap motels right on the beach on Treasure Island. I have only driven through there once and it didnt really stick in my mind. I am a little nervous to find all these motels in this one area so cheap (but I am reading good reviews on-line) and wondering is this area so bad? Any warnings, pros, cons you'd like to share with me?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 03:46 PM

13,773 posts, read 34,919,228 times
Can you name a couple of motels you are asking about?

Old 09-14-2008, 07:12 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,919,228 times
We use to stay in a little old 50s style motel now converted to condos in Redington Beach called Sea Rocket. It was 'cheap' and each room was decorated by the owner so they were all different. Each place has a mini kitchen. There was no pool but it is right on the beach. They have maid service everyday. They are listed in the phone book.

If you are looking for inexpensive place to stay, try them out. You are right down the street from Treasure Island. Walking distance to several restaurants too.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:49 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,479,741 times
I usually stay at the Tahitian it`s cheap and never had any issues there, you can also get wireless internet on that main road on the island, I had good reception in that motel also.

I didn`t get the feeling that was a bad area at all. Really if I could I would move over there I like that area better then Orlando.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:52 AM

16 posts, read 47,660 times
Thanks for your help everyone!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,296 times
THE ZIP CODE FOR DADE CITY, FLORIDA IS 33525. THE INFORMATION IN THE COMPUTER IS WRONG.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:44 AM

34 posts, read 140,185 times
Default Treasure Island

I have relatives who own a condo in Treasure Island and I have been to visit there several times. Treasure Island is perfectly safe and nice. In fact, when you enter Treasure Island, you have to pay a toll, which helps keep the riff raff out, I think. I have no experience with the accommodations there, but the area is nice. Its a little beach town.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:39 PM

86 posts, read 242,059 times
We've stayed at Treasure Island (though I think that hotel is gone now?), slightly south at St. Pete beach and Madeira beach. All were perfectly nice and in a safe area.

Off season rates can be really cheap even at the nicer hotels.

Also, you don't have to pay a toll if you come in from the North

Old 09-26-2008, 03:19 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,479,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isjeepin View Post
I have relatives who own a condo in Treasure Island and I have been to visit there several times. Treasure Island is perfectly safe and nice. In fact, when you enter Treasure Island, you have to pay a toll, which helps keep the riff raff out, I think. I have no experience with the accommodations there, but the area is nice. Its a little beach town.

The toll booth is gone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay