U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:21 PM

30 posts, read 75,022 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone- we appreciate your help with our move- now we have decided in the riverview area but would also like a few more nice areas to choose from just in case we don't find anything- we are late 40's, kids out of house in college, we work, and want a pool home in a safe nice "neighborly" area- we are not sure about what "communities" offer so any definitions on what they are would be great also. We will outright buy our new home, we want under 200K or around that and would like a newer home with 3+ bedrooms---------- can anyone give us some good suggestions? we are looking for safe as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 06:30 AM

hello? anyone there?

Old 09-13-2008, 07:16 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,885,446 times
The biggest question is where will you be working and what is an acceptable commute time?

I have a friend who lives in Riverview and they love it there. Try doing a search on Riverview, I know there are lots of post regarding the area.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,476 times
I've lived in Riverview for about a year and a half and I enjoy the quite atmosphere, but the traffic can sometimes get on your nerves. When looking for a house, look for the pre-forclosures, short-sales and the forclosed houses. Some are practically brand new and you can get them for under market value. There are plenty in Riverview to choose from so come on down and enjoy the good life.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 AM

27,798 posts, read 27,684,108 times
Pools cost $$$$ for extra taxes, maintenance, and utility bills - are you sure you really want one?

Old 09-13-2008, 01:20 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,642,933 times
You are right, Buc. Pools in Florida are absolutely uncommon unlike Minnesota.

Why don't you just come right out with it and ask them what their yearly income is? They are buying "outright" which indicates someone in their home has a bright bulb. Obviously they are not pigeon-headed and I am sure they have figured in the costs. Pools to hundreds of thousands of people, even millions, are totally worth the extra costs incurred and are not considered 'over-the-top.'

Old 09-13-2008, 07:34 PM

Default thanks

thank you but we definately want a pool and have the money for it - we were just wondering where else is nice besides riverview-we will most likely be working in the tampa area ( I am in medical field so hospital most likely) so just need some more names of nice neighborly safe towns around the area- we don't mind the cookie cutter houses as they are quite nice. We are coming from NY so the traffic may be a bit different to us than it is to most other people (we are long islanders).
Some nice towns would be great-any suggestisons? We have gotten great info from these boards so I thank anyone who can help guide us a bit! We are definately coming down to finally enjoy the good life you have there!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:48 PM

1,505 posts, read 2,869,636 times
He's just saying that there are extra costs. Also, pools require maintenance, and leaves and insects can get in the pool. There is a mosquito problem in lot of the abandoned pools at foreclosures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
You are right, Buc. Pools in Florida are absolutely uncommon unlike Minnesota.

Why don't you just come right out with it and ask them what their yearly income is? They are buying "outright" which indicates someone in their home has a bright bulb. Obviously they are not pigeon-headed and I am sure they have figured in the costs. Pools to hundreds of thousands of people, even millions, are totally worth the extra costs incurred and are not considered 'over-the-top.'

Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,684,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

Why don't you just come right out with it and ask them what their yearly income is?
Finding a nice home in Riverview with a pool below their $200k requirement will be very, very difficult, imo unless you find one in foreclosure or distress.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:16 AM

74 posts, read 323,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Pools cost $$$$ for extra taxes, maintenance, and utility bills - are you sure you really want one?
We're moving to Florida next year and I was curious about what you meant about extra taxes for pools? Do you mean adding a pool increases the property value thus addition property tax or is there some other tax? thanks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or