U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:45 AM

7,269 posts, read 9,642,933 times

Advertisements

Just got rid of my cleaning lady - she was not timely or as thorough as I prefer (I'm a former owner of a couple cleaning services, so I may be pickier in this dept, I suppose). Looking for someone experienced who is in the Westshore area and is not afraid of dogs (I have a Rottweiler who is actually very sweet) and can be available once a week for hard floors only and every other week for a regular cleaning (no laundry and no bed linen changes, I do that). Need shutters cleaned/dusted once a month. Must have a clean criminal background (I do check) and liability insurance is great, but not mandatory. The ability to understand and speak English a must.

If you have a cleaning lady/service that is HONEST and TRUSTWORTHY and GREAT at what she does or if you are one that is and need a cleaning job to supplement your income, please contact me with name and phone number. I want to offer this first here to fellow members before going to Craigslist. I pay good for good help and I give a nice Christmas bonus/gift. Cleanings would have to be late morning/early afternoon. I provide the supplies/vacuum, etc. - just need someone to show up on time and do a good job. No surface cleaners PLEASE!

Job perk - you can create future threads in the forums about the crazy, neat-freak woman's house that you clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 11:39 AM

27,798 posts, read 27,684,108 times
You couldn't pay me enough (no offense).

Old 09-13-2008, 12:24 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,252,415 times
There are some cleaning services that will not do just floors, they want the whole house, weekly, blweekly etc. and there are some that want to come and look at the home before deciding to take on the job, of course the rate you will pay will be adjusted.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 PM

I'm paying above average for great help - $130 for the house cleaning bi-weekly, (flat rate for about 3 hours) and bi-weekly $70 flat rate for just the tile downstairs and tile in the two upstairs bathrooms (1-1/2 hours max) - with no vacuuming upstairs that week, (I do that every day). Finding services to take the job isn't a problem or even finding independents to do it (their estimates have actually been less than what I'll pay) - finding a good one to hold onto is. Too many rush-jobs and surface cleaners out there, even in cleaning services where their main focus is to get in and out as fast as possible to get to their next client - and I don't like different strange faces coming in each time - that's creepy. I want one familiar face, preferred.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You couldn't pay me enough (no offense).

I couldn't afford your airfare from Germany every week, Buc.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:09 PM

17 posts, read 91,098 times
Default cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Just got rid of my cleaning lady - she was not timely or as thorough as I prefer (I'm a former owner of a couple cleaning services, so I may be pickier in this dept, I suppose). Looking for someone experienced who is in the Westshore area and is not afraid of dogs (I have a Rottweiler who is actually very sweet) and can be available once a week for hard floors only and every other week for a regular cleaning (no laundry and no bed linen changes, I do that). Need shutters cleaned/dusted once a month. Must have a clean criminal background (I do check) and liability insurance is great, but not mandatory. The ability to understand and speak English a must.

If you have a cleaning lady/service that is HONEST and TRUSTWORTHY and GREAT at what she does or if you are one that is and need a cleaning job to supplement your income, please contact me with name and phone number. I want to offer this first here to fellow members before going to Craigslist. I pay good for good help and I give a nice Christmas bonus/gift. Cleanings would have to be late morning/early afternoon. I provide the supplies/vacuum, etc. - just need someone to show up on time and do a good job. No surface cleaners PLEASE!

Job perk - you can create future threads in the forums about the crazy, neat-freak woman's house that you clean.

I currently have a cleaning business here in Toledo Oh and i'm moving to either st. pete or sarasota in december (still undecided). I have been nervous about starting my business in Fl because i don't know exactly what kind of market there is for my particular cleaning service. I have an all green cleaning service. I pay my employees more then most services in an effort to keep my employees so they can clean the same houses every week also i don't overbook, I'd rather have 5 satisfied regular customers then 50 unsatisfied customers...the revolving door is not my thing. My question is do you think my business has a fighting chance? I'm mostly asking you this because you said you use to run a cleaning service, so i would like your honest opinion. thanks OH! and also we clean for at least 5 clients that have OCD (they told us when we took the job) they have not complained once and we do not give their houses any special attention, we clean them the same way we clean every house. I don't think your a crazy neat freak for wanting your house to be clean...you know...ACTUALLY clean.

Last edited by Kasey555; 09-13-2008 at 02:19 PM..

Old 09-13-2008, 02:24 PM

Right now, all services (handymen, cleaning, etc.) are experiencing some difficulty due to the state of the economy. People are holding onto their money more than they normally would from say, 2-3 years ago, with good reason. Normally, the first things that are cut in a household when a family/individual is experiencing tighter funds is the cleaning service, the alarm company monitoring service and the landscaping service. There is a positive flip-side, of course, to this area (from Tampa to St Pete/Clearwater, not so much inland east of Tampa) - the snowbirds that come and those with second unoccupied homes, especially now that we are heading into Winter soon. That's where you will make more bank than in late Spring/Summer. I believe that most any business that you put your passion and fight into has a fighting chance. In cleaning, you just have to know how to switch it up. Some of the swanky pads downtown Tampa are a great place to hit up for business - get a few of those people as regulars and you can forget about the rest. Word of mouth will be your best form of advertising, as you already know. I think you can do it, you have a great attitude - and that is 1/4 (if not a bit more) of keeping business right there, no problem.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:36 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,111,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

Before we moved to NC I had used the cleaning pros for 4 years. Always on time and if you are not happy they will come back and re do the job. Do a google search The Cleaning Pros and it will come up. I am not sure if the do your area but they are expanding. They do work in teams and you will get the same team all the time.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Thanks Lorriem, I checked. Right now they only do the triangle area between Port Richey/Palm Harbor/Odessa.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:10 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,111,254 times
I give up finding anyone in NC to do the job tried three and none worked out.The best ones I had were in CA and I used them for 15 years. We only had a 2100 sq ft home but they would spend 4-5 hours doing everything including lamp shades (unheard of) Boy do I miss them. I have never found anyone as good. I for the time being am doing that horrid job myself.
Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay