Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 09:26 AM

7,244 posts, read 7,066,230 times

Advertisements

Ok - all is getting very serious now. We are about to put our house on the market and my husband is going to go ahead and move first.

We are relocating from Ky to near Tampa Florida. DD has been accepted to Shorecrest in St. Petersburg, hubby will probably end up working in Tampa. That puts us in St. Pete, Largo, Clearwater and close areas.

Here is where we need help. We've taken the advice to rent before buying. We will need at least 2 beds, 2 baths place with a minimum of 1,200 sq feet. It must be dog friendly - we have a 35 pound dog that is not on restricted lists (boxer mix). Price we would like to keep under $1,200 per month. We're open to houses, townhomes or apartments. Hubby would highly prefer a place that has at least a 1 car garage - he's particular about his car. There will be a second car once I'm there permanently. We would probably only rent for a year. Target date for moving just him right now is April 1. It might get pushed back if we don't find a suitable place in time. Also, DD needs to finish school and the house needs to sell. It may be that she goes on down and I end up here alone if the house isn't sold by August.

Our credit scores are both over 800. Funds are set aside for at least 6 months expenses, probably a bit more by actual moving time.

When I first joined CD I got a few messages from agents but I was not narrowed in on time and place yet. I welcome contacts from CD agents and recommendations from other CD members.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 11:22 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
OT but congrats on Shorecrest Looks like a great school. Wish the tuition was 1/2 off though… GL to you.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:12 AM

Thank you! She's very excited.

Ok - hubby has his face to face interview coming up - a $90k job with a well established company.

It's my task to get him lined up to visit a few places to look at for renting.

I really need some help here. Pretty please?

Old 02-13-2014, 09:29 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
thought we really could not like market in here- like sell or advertise my sis is a realtor, but thought that was just NOt done here.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:23 AM

I'm more than happy to take opinions from those in the area.

He's going down next weekend. He interviews on Friday and has Saturday to look around. I've a few places in mind but would welcome some advice on others.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:31 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
I liked old Clearwater, near Belcher/Bellair and 60,,, some areas not so good, depends what you are looking for in a home. I drove behind the Hosptial and loos like Hollywood near the causeway. Off McMullen booth is new n pretty I like anything near the mall.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:43 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I'm dealing with a Town home eviction that I got thrown in my lap this week. The property seems to be in good condition but we know more when we get into the property but everything will be taken care off prior to a new tenant moving in.

The community is like 2 min from I-75 near the exit to get onto I-275 which makes this community like 15-20 min from Tampa airport.

Of course it is not on the West side of Tampa but more in the New Tampa area.

1588 soft and the rental price will probably be $1250. 3/2.5/1 with enclosed lanai with no backdoor neighbors in gated community with pool. Water is incl. in the rent.

Not sure if that area is something you will consider and if the little higher rent price is seeming you want to consider but just so you know.

We will get it rented a.s.a.p. since right no we rental market is hot especially with tax returns coming in many tenants love to move around this time of year.

Right now we hardly have any rentals available anymore and even rentals that we have coming up on the market have already have a lease agreement.

We do have a town home in Palm Harbor also in gated community with pool for $1150 2/2/1 and community pool.....this one incl. trash pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Ok - all is getting very serious now. We are about to put our house on the market and my husband is going to go ahead and move first.

We are relocating from Ky to near Tampa Florida. DD has been accepted to Shorecrest in St. Petersburg, hubby will probably end up working in Tampa. That puts us in St. Pete, Largo, Clearwater and close areas.

Here is where we need help. We've taken the advice to rent before buying. We will need at least 2 beds, 2 baths place with a minimum of 1,200 sq feet. It must be dog friendly - we have a 35 pound dog that is not on restricted lists (boxer mix). Price we would like to keep under $1,200 per month. We're open to houses, townhomes or apartments. Hubby would highly prefer a place that has at least a 1 car garage - he's particular about his car. There will be a second car once I'm there permanently. We would probably only rent for a year. Target date for moving just him right now is April 1. It might get pushed back if we don't find a suitable place in time. Also, DD needs to finish school and the house needs to sell. It may be that she goes on down and I end up here alone if the house isn't sold by August.

Our credit scores are both over 800. Funds are set aside for at least 6 months expenses, probably a bit more by actual moving time.

When I first joined CD I got a few messages from agents but I was not narrowed in on time and place yet. I welcome contacts from CD agents and recommendations from other CD members.

Thank you.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:30 PM

30 posts, read 55,091 times
I don't mean to stray from the topic, but bentlebee you mentioned timing of rental availability. Would you mind telling me the best and worst times rental properties are available? We're looking for a place to rent in Safety Harbor in May/June(ish) when our daughter gets out of school and we're just kind of feeling out the market right now and there's not many available. We know safety harbor is a small town and desirable place to be which heavily affects it but we're hoping that it would pick up a little later and have more options. Our thinking being that maybe as the school year ends people with children will be able to move. Thanks

Old 02-15-2014, 08:17 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Many people want to move (renters) when tax returns are coming in, which is mostly very important for the lower income tenants to be able to pay first, last and security deposit. Rentals move very fast right now and tenants who want to think about a rental often loose out to someone else who decides right away.

For some rentals we wish we had similar ones...times since we are getting so many calls for some of them and the prices are higher than before but still reasonable.

The end of the school year is also a time frame that people want to move.....November usually is slower as well as December.

Years ago the. Summer months were slow but the last two years we had so many tenants move out and new ones in during the summer that it seems things are changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay