U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 8,850 times

Advertisements

Are there any cool independent coffee places or dessert places in St.Petersburg including downtown and local beaches as well..?

I know of Kahwa and thats about it..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 PM

393 posts, read 1,396,312 times
Larry's Olde Fashioned Ice Cream on St. Pete beach has good ice cream and it's been around forever. Also, the Globe for coffee downtown. There's another coffee shop nearby on Central but I need to look up the name.

Mazzaro's on 22nd Ave. is AMAZING for everything Italian, including gelato, coffee, and freshly baked breads, cakes, etc.

Lastly, Mozart Cafe is a German bakery on 4th street. I've been wanting to check it out.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:59 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,292,752 times
Parasol, do you mean Cafe Bohemia?

I'm not living there right now so I don't know if it's still there, but that was a cute place with outdoor seating and great sandwiches.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 AM

15,864 posts, read 33,283,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post

I'm not living there right now so I don't know if it's still there, but that was a cute place with outdoor seating and great sandwiches.
Didn't that place used to be called The Garden? We used to go there many years ago, it was basically a "hip" type restaurant, very artsy and just loved eating outside.

Sounds interesting as "Cafe Bohemia" - I just love those type of places!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post

Yes - that's it!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,292,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Didn't that place used to be called The Garden? We used to go there many years ago, it was basically a "hip" type restaurant, very artsy and just loved eating outside.

Sounds interesting as "Cafe Bohemia" - I just love those type of places!
That's a different cute place!

Cafe Bohemia is farther down Central toward the Trop.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,850 times
thanks guys! i love mazzaros. Ive been there quite a few times, but never tried their coffee. Do they do the regular lattes and capp. or is it just regular coffee? Their food is amazing! Ive always wanted to try Cafe Bohemia. My dad has been to German Bakery and he said they have pretty good pastries. If anyone is looking for good gelato, Cafe Adria on Park Blvd (And one now opened in tyrone mall near dillards has amazing gelato) and one place downtown near the pier is very good as well.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan View Post
thanks guys! i love mazzaros. Ive been there quite a few times, but never tried their coffee. Do they do the regular lattes and capp. or is it just regular coffee? Their food is amazing! Ive always wanted to try Cafe Bohemia. My dad has been to German Bakery and he said they have pretty good pastries. If anyone is looking for good gelato, Cafe Adria on Park Blvd (And one now opened in tyrone mall near dillards has amazing gelato) and one place downtown near the pier is very good as well.
Yes they do lattes and cappucinos.

I LOVE gelato and since having for the first time, regular ice cream just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I still haven't tried the German bakery, but my new infatuation is Frida's Cafe on Ulmerton. It's a cafe/bakery with the most amazing pastries, cookies, cakes, and doughnuts (they have great coffee and sandwiches as well). Definitely worth the drive from anywhere in the bay area. It's my go-to place when I want to treat myself or someone else. Today I got two coconut macaroons (so good!) a Mediterranean macaroon and an individual chocolate mousse cake. To die for.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,675 times
I went to CAFE ADRIA on Park blvd and Tyrone mall last week. oh my got will never go there again.the owners are very rude .expensive poor quality,not professional at all.waist of money and time. the one location on park blvd is crazy no taste at all .gelato sucks.if you can go somewhere else i recommend. try Frida's on Ulmerton best place in town.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:17 AM

161 posts, read 411,947 times
god, Kahwa's coffee must be the worst in the entire tricounty area, and the people who work there- most annoying service ive ever had. every time ive been in there, i wonder why people go there.

Mazzaro's all the way for sure: great coffee, great people, great atmosphere.

ill have to try this germany bakery yall speak of too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or