U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 AM

2,200 posts, read 6,917,708 times

Advertisements

Hi - I went to Disney last year with my sister and BIL (no kids) and had a great time. We are thinking of going to Busch Gardens this year. Will that be a letdown? What are some of the differences? Are you treated as well? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 10:15 AM

321 posts, read 942,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
Hi - I went to Disney last year with my sister and BIL (no kids) and had a great time. We are thinking of going to Busch Gardens this year. Will that be a letdown? What are some of the differences? Are you treated as well? Thanks.
Well, I'll start by saying that it depends on what you're looking for. If you want rides, feel free to check out Busch Gardens. You can also take a "beer class" and drink Busch products.

However, it is mho that Disney is light years better than Busch Gardens. I personally think Busch Gardens is filthy and there is no culture of customer service. No good food, either. If you want rides, I'd check out Islands of Adventure, really...

Old 09-23-2008, 10:21 AM

Well that doesn't sound too appealing. Thanks.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM

502 posts, read 1,294,969 times
I haven't been to Busch Gardens yet, but I've heard mixed reviews about that park. If you want some variety of coasters and flat rides, Busch is the way to go. (Which is why, you'll never find Six Flags in Florida and may it stay that way.)

I would still prefer the Orlando parks over Busch Gardens any day. Even if I visit Busch Tampa or Busch Williamsburg sometime in my life, I know which parks you really can't beat in the amusement market or my own heart for that matter. >D

Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 AM

Thanks. My sister is in a wheelchair, so we are not looking for rides. They are in Orlando from Jan-March and spend a lot of time at Disney. So, I thought about maybe meeting them in Tampa for 4 days. But, now I don't think so.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 AM

15,790 posts, read 32,991,431 times
One problem with Busch Gardens is that it is in the middle of a ghetto - very seedy surroundings. Haven't been to the park in years, but I don't think it offers that much. Haven't been to Disney in even longer, but would guess it is miles better.

I do think you are better off in Orlando. Have a good time!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 AM

61 posts, read 167,706 times
The down side to Busch Gardens is the layout. It is a very old park that started small, and has been added on to. The lay-out has vert poor flow to it, not like Disney and the Orlando parks. Dead ends to get to rides, paths are much smaller compared to the Mouse. Still, the rides are good. It's a diferent change of pace.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 AM

502 posts, read 1,294,969 times
Quote:
Thanks. My sister is in a wheelchair, so we are not looking for rides. They are in Orlando from Jan-March and spend a lot of time at Disney. So, I thought about maybe meeting them in Tampa for 4 days. But, now I don't think so.
I see. Definitely just stick around the Orlando area then. Disney (EPCOT) and Sea World are probalby the best places to take handicap people to. The only time I've been to Islands of Adventure was on its technical rehersal day years ago, and much like its Universal Studios counterpart, rides were the important factor too. Universal Studios is more of a show/ride combo. The attractions haven't really been hitting the spot with me as of late since they keep removing a lot of the classic ones and replacing them with something else.

If you're aiming to see animals in Florida (besides Animal Kingdom and Tampa), there is
West Palm Beach's Lion Country Safari. I went there once and it was a pretty good well-kept drive through zoo.

Edit: Sorry... Put down the wrong town name.

Last edited by Unknown Memory; 09-23-2008 at 11:06 AM..

Old 09-23-2008, 11:09 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,266,126 times
I prefer Disney, but that's just me.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:02 PM

1,555 posts, read 3,822,057 times
Quote:
Thanks. My sister is in a wheelchair, so we are not looking for rides.
Ah, given that, I think that Disney is definitely the way to go. Busch Gardens and Universal's Islands of Adventure are much more "wild ride"-oriented. They'd be the preference for coaster-hounds, as they have some of the best (although Disney has a couple spectacular coasters, too, especially if you like both coasters and theming equally well (as I do)).

Anyway, Disney is going to be much more wheelchair friendly, and have much more to do on that end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay