Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:40 PM

17 posts, read 59,914 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find out the best things to do/see in Tampa. What do you think are the best:

Museums
Landmarks/Buildings
Parks
Neighborhoods
Restaurants
Bars
Festivals

Please reply with your opinions on the "must see's" of Tampa.

THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 10:26 PM

119 posts, read 524,785 times
Ybor is cool as everyone will tell you. A great place to bring the family in the afternoon, go out with your spouse in the evening. Lots of entertainment, bars, some shopping. Most importantly the architecture is well maintained and the area is reminiscent of Borboun Street but nicer.

Go to Clearwater. It's such a well kept secret from the rest of the country. What an immaculate beach and a pretty, manicured, but uptempo neighborhoods. Saturday and Friday nights at the Pier are worth the trip.

I'd tell you my favorite restaurant but I don't word to get out.

Hyde Park is a cute little neighborhood. If you want to walk around and go to an Anthropologie store and have a coffee this is your place.

Stay at a hotel downtown and take the trolley from Channelside to Ybor. It's fun. I love the downtown although many dismiss it. It has a good vibe. The streets are well done.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:39 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,952 times
In no particular order:
Busch Gardens
Pro Sports (any)
IMAX
Ybor City
Deep Sea Fishing
Hot Air Balloon Ride
Ft. DeSoto
U of T
Gasparilla Parade

That should keep you busy until lunch...haha

Old 09-22-2008, 05:45 AM

154 posts, read 533,856 times
Best thing to see: alligators.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:50 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
Manatees
Ybor city
The Columbia restaurant
Renaissance festival

Old 09-22-2008, 07:45 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,699,605 times
Busch Gardens
Adventure Island
Ybor (Improv is nice)
Starlite Cruise
Channelside (not too bad)
Gasparilla
Bucs games
Rays games
IMAX

Old 09-22-2008, 07:46 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,699,605 times
I have to disagree with Clearwater Beach-it may have a good play area, but the water is horrible and so is the beach. It's over crowded and over priced. Siesta Key Beach or Anna Maria is way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS1981 View Post
Ybor is cool as everyone will tell you. A great place to bring the family in the afternoon, go out with your spouse in the evening. Lots of entertainment, bars, some shopping. Most importantly the architecture is well maintained and the area is reminiscent of Borboun Street but nicer.

Go to Clearwater. It's such a well kept secret from the rest of the country. What an immaculate beach and a pretty, manicured, but uptempo neighborhoods. Saturday and Friday nights at the Pier are worth the trip.

Hyde Park is a cute little neighborhood. If you want to walk around and go to an Anthropologie store and have a coffee this is your place.

Stay at a hotel downtown and take the trolley from Channelside to Ybor. It's fun. I love the downtown although many dismiss it. It has a good vibe. The streets are well done.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:51 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
IMO, nothing is better than a sunset over the Gulf of Mexico, but that's not Tampa. I'd probably pick a canoe ride down the Hillsborough River, biking the Upper Tampa Bay Trail, Big Cat Rescue, or MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry).

Old 09-22-2008, 02:48 PM

11 posts, read 35,366 times
if your into it,,check out the drag races on the bridges between st petes or clearwater....lots of fast cool cars

Old 09-22-2008, 03:11 PM

101 posts, read 427,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS1981 View Post

Having lived on this beach for 2 years, I find this amusing has all get out.

Yes its ok, but it certainly is nothing spectacular.

I wouldn't recommend this beach to anyone.........drunks, hicks, red tide, and expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay