U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 03:49 PM

3,927 posts, read 10,581,698 times

Advertisements

I just heard the following and wanted to share

Fla. Gets Big Cut From Foreclosure Grant To Prevent Blight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 09:51 AM

137 posts, read 499,941 times
I noticed no money for Hernando County. Hernando was hit really hard by foreclosures, it's a shame.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:37 AM

8,488 posts, read 18,531,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sange77 View Post
I noticed no money for Hernando County. Hernando was hit really hard by foreclosures, it's a shame.
It probably has to do with the moronic county government not filing the right paperwork like they did a couple years ago when the also missed out on millions in grants.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:08 PM

3,927 posts, read 10,581,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sange77 View Post
As Mike mentioned above, if Hernando County officials qualified, it's not too late to get financial aid from Florida's allocation pool. More here --> http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgo...icle829792.ece

One of the most poignant phrases I've read lately came from George Romagnoli, Pasco County's community development manager, "Ironically, we've created a great solution to our affordable housing needs," he said. "In the misery of others we're going to help other people."

Here's a link to the entire article --> HUD to send $70M in housing aid - St. Petersburg Times

Last edited by TampaKaren; 09-27-2008 at 12:23 PM..

Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 PM

11 posts, read 48,977 times
Hey even though i don't live in florida i was wondering at what cost will the county's be paying for these houses.will it be what is owed to the banks or appraised value.just a thought.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:46 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,252,654 times
Default Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
It probably has to do with the moronic county government not filing the right paperwork like they did a couple years ago when the also missed out on millions in grants.
Mike, According to the St. Pete Times, Hernando County didn't qualify because we don't have 200,000 residents.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:45 PM

8,488 posts, read 18,531,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Mike, According to the St. Pete Times, Hernando County didn't qualify because we don't have 200,000 residents.
They have missed funding deadlines before and this excerpt from the above article tell how on top of things they are.

"They just learned of the program in the past two weeks, and on Friday federal housing officials announced how they would distribute the dollars. Some larger communities already know how much they will get, but $91-million was set aside for the state to divvy up for smaller communities such as Hernando."

The Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 was passed this summer.
I would think our overpaid County Commisioners should have known about it sooner.
I mean, we have been discussing it on here for months.

They should have known about it and already had a plan in place to get our share.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:47 PM

1,505 posts, read 2,869,817 times
So what does this mean for the RE market?

Old 09-29-2008, 07:24 AM

137 posts, read 499,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
They have missed funding deadlines before and this excerpt from the above article tell how on top of things they are.

"They just learned of the program in the past two weeks, and on Friday federal housing officials announced how they would distribute the dollars. Some larger communities already know how much they will get, but $91-million was set aside for the state to divvy up for smaller communities such as Hernando."

The Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 was passed this summer.
I would think our overpaid County Commisioners should have known about it sooner.
I mean, we have been discussing it on here for months.

They should have known about it and already had a plan in place to get our share.
I read that too in yesterdays paper. That's ridiculous. They should fire the person who looks for grants because they are not doing a good job. They shouldve known about this. The article also stated that Hernando County is in Florida's top 10 for the highest percentage of foreclosures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay