U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 01:37 PM

17 posts, read 62,802 times

Advertisements

I've dealt with two dishonest BMW mechanics (don't recall the names, but have the receipt somewhere) and one dishonest BMW dealer in Tampa and don't trust any of them. I've had my car "fixed" at Reeves on Florida Avenue, "diagnosed" by a mechanic on N. Dale Mabry and Linebaugh, and "maintained" by a mechanic on Anderson Road.

Finally, I gave Bert Smith in St. Pete a chance only because they supplied coupons and I remembered the exceptional customer service. I have my doubts about them also.

I know that "honest mechanic" may be an oxymoron, but I'm sure that there are a couple of honest mechanics out there.

Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 07:05 AM

30 posts, read 117,582 times
I suggest checking on some BMW forums and look for a local chapter in Tampa. I would imagine there would be some extensive information there. If you are not familiar with any of these forums, search BMW club or 3 series club something to that affect.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:34 AM

43 posts, read 172,692 times
Your first mistake is taking it to the dealer. Don't ever take it to the dealer. The dealer will always rob you.
-Cars & Concepts at 4711 N. Manhattan Avenue (near the stadium) 813.348.6183 The guy who runs the place is name Thomas. He is a nice and honest guy. He is from Germany. He knows BMWs. Hard to get an appt though b/c they are always busy.
-Ludek's European Auto Service - at 3327 Gandy Blvd. 813.832.2738 Good people. I take my car there now.
-Rennen Imports - Never had any problems w/ them. they always treated me right. 1917 w kennedy blvd 813.876.0606
You can PM me if you have any additional questions
[CENTER][SIZE=5][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Old 10-05-2008, 03:10 PM

17 posts, read 62,802 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I finally found a bimmer forum, and I will check out those recommended mechanics.

I usually don't go to dealers, but the two mechanics that I went to for service were disingenuous. I did find a mechanic on Bearrs. He appears to be honest, but I will still check out the others recommended.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:11 PM

3 posts, read 9,622 times
Smile trustworthy BMW mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha08 View Post
I've dealt with two dishonest BMW mechanics (don't recall the names, but have the receipt somewhere) and one dishonest BMW dealer in Tampa and don't trust any of them. I've had my car "fixed" at Reeves on Florida Avenue, "diagnosed" by a mechanic on N. Dale Mabry and Linebaugh, and "maintained" by a mechanic on Anderson Road.

Finally, I gave Bert Smith in St. Pete a chance only because they supplied coupons and I remembered the exceptional customer service. I have my doubts about them also.

I know that "honest mechanic" may be an oxymoron, but I'm sure that there are a couple of honest mechanics out there.

Please help!
I know this is late, but I need to give props to Bergman's European in Brandon. They're good, they're date, and I will only trust them with my Z3.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:59 PM

2,763 posts, read 4,971,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricratcat View Post
I know this is late, but I need to give props to Bergman's European in Brandon. They're good, they're date, and I will only trust them with my Z3.
Yes, it is a 5 year old thread, but bergmans is good Taken our VW there a few times, slightly more expensive but atleast they know what they're doing and do it right.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:52 PM

3 posts, read 9,622 times
Default oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha08 View Post

Please help!
By the way, that's supposed to be "they're fair", not date. Call them at 813-655-0099.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:50 PM

1,357 posts, read 840,536 times
Oh my, another person who has nothing better to do that resurrect a zombie thread. Like really, it's soon to be a 10 year old thread. Resurrected 5 years ago and back to life again. And honestly, I have no idea why you posted your comments - must have been really boring day or what? Come on, just let it die....

Last edited by Sunscape; 01-21-2018 at 04:47 AM..

Old 02-04-2018, 03:23 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,188,375 times
Tedesco Auto Repairs in Temple Terrace. We have been taking our cars to him for 10 years. He only works on foreign cars. He is very honest. One of our cars had a recall on it. Took it to the dealership for the fix. While they were at it (without my approval), they did a whole car check and found $1,000 worth a fixes that needed to be done asap. Brought it to Tedesco and he shook his head and said we didn't need any of that. Another time, our car did need something, the dealership quoted $850. Took it to Tedesco. He charged me $400.
Tedesco Cars Inc. | Tampa's Leader in Automotive Repair Since 1992
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or