Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:30 PM

203 posts, read 956,663 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a place where I can wear dressy/ semi-formal attire(think little red dress or backless dress) were we can get some good food and not feel overdressed. It can be a place just for food, or a place with some music. I'm not picky I've just lost a lot of weight and will be celebrating 10 years of marriage and want a few places to visit and wear some nice dresses!

Please advise what type of atmosphere it is (quiet where you can hear each other talk, night club scene...) so I can have an idea what the night may be like.

Anywhere in the Tampa/St Pete/Sarasota area is appreciated!

THANK YOU!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:41 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,348,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbecky79 View Post
I'm looking for a place where I can wear dressy/ semi-formal attire(think little red dress or backless dress) were we can get some good food and not feel overdressed. It can be a place just for food, or a place with some music. I'm not picky I've just lost a lot of weight and will be celebrating 10 years of marriage and want a few places to visit and wear some nice dresses!

Please advise what type of atmosphere it is (quiet where you can hear each other talk, night club scene...) so I can have an idea what the night may be like.

THANK YOU!!!
Dress Up and Eat - in Tampa - Ceviche(nice dining with quiet background music, has a live band in the Lounge; Bern's or Side Bern's; 717 South; Mangrove's; Malio's in downtown Tampa.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:15 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,044,941 times
I haven't been to the new Malios but if it is anything like the old one, that would be a good place.

I found Berns to be pretty loud and seating very close together. Of course that may have changed since it has been a LONG time since I went there.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:21 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,874,166 times
I would echo the above and add the Columbia and Bern's to the list. Unfortunately, I've not found that much good food in the area besides those restaurants (actually besides Bern's).

Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,623,502 times
Had a man take me to Armani's here in Tampa at the Grand Hyatt. Very formal and very nice - so much that thankfully he forewarned me to dress "exceptionally above the norm." I do imagine he spent a major wad of cash on the date. We had to have reservations. It was very quiet, intimate, excellent food and wine, and a phenomenal view.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:04 PM

428 posts, read 1,626,321 times
I would include Restaurant BT in Hyde Park. You can dress casually or more dressy there, and it is very sophisticated, great food and wine. Also, you might consider Ruth's Chris Steak House, Mise En Place, Donatello.

Have fun!

Old 10-07-2008, 03:33 PM

138 posts, read 616,836 times
I'd like to add to the list Shula's and Boizao Steakhouse...both in Tampa. Nice places where you can dress up.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 PM

101 posts, read 528,382 times
Berns, Armani's, Mis-en-Place...those are about the only ones.

Definitely not for Shula's or Ruth's Chris. Those are more business casual. (I actually thought Shula's was a "dressy" place the first time I went there, and ended up looking like a putz in my little black dress while everyone else was there in jeans or worse...)

Old 10-07-2008, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 8,957 times
Default Pub du Metro Cremazie - is a nice bar and karaoke on Friday night and Halloween party with nice blue band on Oct. 31.

This bar has warm atmosphare, and nice clientals. You can get a free meal if you have a birthday party with more than 10 people, and free cake with candle for the birthday person. You will feel really warm dinning there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbecky79 View Post

THANK YOU!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:37 AM

4 posts, read 13,725 times
Great Place is The Park Shore Grill on beach drive in downtown St. Pet or if you rather come out to the beaches, try The Perl in Treasure Island on 107 Ave

Have fun and be beautiful
Anne Hensel
Broker
St. Pete
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay